This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Training Effect - Recovery time - Vo2Max

Hi Garmin,

Please add Training Effect and Recovery time Vo2Max metrics, it's a huge flaw, if it's a Garmin smartwath it should come with these metrics, if it didn't stick with Huawei or Apple.

That's what distinguishes you, because if you don't have these metrics, it's just the same as so many others...

I changed my smartwatch because of these options I already have on the edge 830, I paid 400€ for Venu 2 and it doesn't have these data...very bad.

Thanks

• Totally agree. I come from Fitbit and wanted some more interesting device. I was not a Garmin specs expert and bought a venu 2. I realized then than many sw features were not there and I was very upset (in the product webpage was not clear of the sw limitations)

• Garmin's Health & Wellness watches don't have those features. They never did and probably won't in the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't be so sure. They may change their attitude if there will be high demand and a steep competition. At least I have a small hope that they could include some basic data like they have on entry models of FR line.

• And just as a reminder for anyone interested in implementing this feature on the Venu 2 aside of leaving posts in here I recommend submitting the request to their official form: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

When I talked to the support a few times, they always recommended me to leave  vote in there as they have some reviewing process for features and if some collect enough of votes they may consider to implement it.

Venu 2 is pretty new watch, it's not Vivoactive 4 or original Venu and to me chances that it may get some features which weren't originally looks possible.

• Great idea! I'm happy to support! Maybe somebody has already posted it there? Is there a possibility to search those ideas?

• Great idea! I'm happy to support! Maybe somebody has already posted it there? Is there a possibility to search those ideas?

nope, I don't think, so this is possible for people outside Garmin, it's just a black box where you can submit ideas on how to make your watch better, and sometimes that is implemented on the newer models Slight smile but I think it's still worth of trying. 

On the good note, a few times when people asked Garmin's moderators about features, they gave some responses about whenever such feature request is on their list or if it would be implemented(like with Sleep Widget on original Venu as you can see the thread I refer above got a lot of activity on the forum).

Maybe could help us with that?

• I must agree with you, I just need to go to store and see can I return the watch. 

• From what I know. There’s watches will never get this data.  It’s reserved for the forerunner and more expensive watches.  

Like many have already stated, this is just to differentiate the health tracker and running focused watches.  

I have a forerunner with these features and to be honest they are pretty inaccurate and metrics I ignored.   You know yourself if you are too tired to train or not.  Performance condition is the worst metric, I turned this off, I would start a run and feel awesome and that metric would say I was in a poor performance condition.   I went on to do my fastest half Marathon ever. 

These metrics are generally to be taken with a pinch of salt.  Like body battery, it’s a fun metric but I’m always almost 100 with a poor nights sleep. 

• I am also confused with the metrics … it tells me to rest for days, after a slow, short run of 30 minutes  run. But I want to run 3-4 times a week. Seems like I am always tired, but I feel well. 

And my battery is after many nights of good sleep only charged 35-50, since 3 months when I got the watch.

Really weird Rolling eyes

• Thats silly... how can I predict that 400$ watches gives no such thing? I have Huawei band 4 pro (40$ watches) and they have recovery time, vo2max, training efect... How the hell can I before buy predict "thouse features are premium" if i had used to have them on 40$ device... All review just say "you have all features, and better then others"... no you dont have all features, not even close to even 10 times cheaper device.

• Welcome to the world of product differentiation.  Venu is health based and forerunner is running based.  

They remove features so that they can offer 2 watches for slightly different things. Just as an aside vo2 is on the Venu.  

now, I have both and to be honest the training effect and recovery time are pointless.  Easy for me to say I know, however, you know if you can run or not.  You don’t need a watch to tell you.  

The extra feature of these watches (body battery, sleep tracking, recovery time, training effect) are all pretty pointless and not accurate. I love my Venu 2 for the basics and the fact it looks great with a great screen.  The rest of the stuff is fun to look at but not sometimes g that really helps.