This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Training Effect - Recovery time - Vo2Max

Hi Garmin,

Please add Training Effect and Recovery time Vo2Max metrics, it's a huge flaw, if it's a Garmin smartwath it should come with these metrics, if it didn't stick with Huawei or Apple.

That's what distinguishes you, because if you don't have these metrics, it's just the same as so many others...

I changed my smartwatch because of these options I already have on the edge 830, I paid 400€ for Venu 2 and it doesn't have these data...very bad.

Thanks

• If you read, they said Fenix 3 to Venu 2...so yes that's an upgrade in hardware for sure in this rapidly evolving market

• From a fenix 3. So no inbuilt HR, music, pay etc. 

My knees are shot, i can't run these days, so I knew I was sacrificing battery, course imports, and some of those things.

I am surprised though about the TE and recover (not that bothered by recovery myself) though. Didn't think they'd be considered advanced features 

The watch isn't really just an activity tracker, given all the sports it supports. 

I still like it. I think it mostly fits my lifestyle now. 

• The Training Effect and Recovery Timer are in the FIT file. I use the Runalyze web app to view these. Runalyze also calculates the power for your runs. 

• Which makes it even more sad that they aren't rolling this feature out to all watches whose hardware would support it. The competition is starting to offer this in $200 watches, Garmin needs to get on these easy feature additions, especially if they just enable them in the Connect App. Doesn't have to be on the watch

• Can we get an update on if Training Effect, Load, etc... are coming to this $400 dollar watch? If the specs of other watches that have had features added are going to reflect that on your website so we can compare...this is easy and a no brainer? The Amazfit GTS 3 and GTR 3 Series has these stats for $179 for crying out loud?

• I agree. It sounds like the GTR 3 offers great value for the money. They just need to add support for an external HR. 

• That and other external sensors for cycling, running, etc... If they start bridging those gaps at half the price, watch out.

• Oh man that sucks. I also bought the watch for that but surprisingly it's not there.

• You bought a $400 dollar watch without even looking at the specs? Smiley Garmin's Health & Wellness watches don't have those features. They never did and probably won't in the foreseeable future.

• What's your point? Of course, I looked at the features but out of 100 features that this watch provides, I guess it was easy to miss that one. Anyway, it's just silly from Garmin that they won't provide the view in the app. The sensor is the same as the newest Fenix 7 and the data is being gathered. I'm using Runalyze to observe the training effect but it's just unprofessional to offer 400$ watch and omit some features which would be just a software update. And I paid 200$ but this doesn't change a thing.