This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Training Effect - Recovery time - Vo2Max

Hi Garmin,

Please add Training Effect and Recovery time Vo2Max metrics, it's a huge flaw, if it's a Garmin smartwath it should come with these metrics, if it didn't stick with Huawei or Apple.

That's what distinguishes you, because if you don't have these metrics, it's just the same as so many others...

I changed my smartwatch because of these options I already have on the edge 830, I paid 400€ for Venu 2 and it doesn't have these data...very bad.

Thanks

• None of Fenix or Forerunner series watch has OLED display. Only LCD which is pain to watch indoors, early in morning, in evening and even on cloudy days, simply when you are not sporting. It has washed out colors, bad contrast and its hard to read anywhere else but on direct sunlight. Which any modern OLED can handle as well. I really dont understand why Garmin is incapable of producing sports watch with all sports features with OLED display. Why one have to choose good display or good features. Luckily there are watches like Honor Watch GS PRO that have OLED display and handy features like training status, training load, VO2MAX, training effect. They last two time longer on one charge than Venu 2 and cost 1/2 price of Venu 2. Only thing they are really missing is Garmin great companion app and analytics.

• They last two time longer on one charge than Venu 2 and cost 1/2 price of Venu 2. Only thing they are really missing is Garmin great companion app and analytics.

So true, but if I remember well either Runalyze or Tredict mentioned that they are working on integration of Huawei Health so possibly that would make things a bit brighter.

I really dont understand why Garmin is incapable of producing sports watch with all sports features with OLED display.

I think they would roll out Fenix or FR version with OLED sooner or later

• Have to say, it is a bit disappointed TE isn't included in a premium price point watch like the Venu 2. 

Have a fenix 3 and it's not relaly something I even considered would be missing when I 'upgraded'

Guess they use it as a model differentiator, it's only a bit of maths after all.

• I've solved it by using a third party website that syncs with Connect, reads the .fit files of the workouts and displays the training effect and recovery time. The ridiculous thing is that those data are recorded and calculated by the watch but not displayed! Absurd marketing policy, but that's the way it is and I'm afraid it won't change for the venu 2. Garmin is known for not listening to its customers very much, if at all. Could be a regrettable choice in the long run 

• I bought Venu 2 among others, for not using a third party app or website, it's ridiculous!

After all it's just a tracker. It would be better to buy a smartband for €40 instead of €400 it did almost the same....

• What 3rd party site are you using. If you can PM please

• I think everyone should know which third party app/website is able to display these metrics...

Since the first Venu I use Runalyze to display TE and Recovery Time

And there is also Tredict which I prefer...but you have to pay after three months free using...

• I just set up an account on Garmin Connect, and here in the forums because I'm a FitBit user looking to get into a real activity tracking watch. The reason I bring this up is because I would buy the Venu 2 because of the Elevate v4 HR sensor and other features if it had Training Effect/Load. Because it doesn't I'm probably going to go with a Venu Sq and see where things are in a year or two. Not enabling features on a piece of hardware that can obviously support it, likely easier than more expensive Garmin wearables with less powerful processors/HR monitors, is not good for business. For example, it's easy to leave FitBit since they are going to charge for useful metrics, unlike Garmin which includes that with the price of the wearable. The higher end watches should include more features in hardware and processing power, which in turn allows more advanced metrics. Stiffing metrics just because of watch price, or it's target audience being a health tracker and not a sports watch is just fragmenting your lineup, creating confusion, making things harder for your developers, and turning away customers and business. For example your original Venu and Vivoactive 4 are basically the same watch with the same target audience, just different screens and battery life. The Venu 2 is a step up from both, but the Vivoactive is marketed as a activity watch no? The lineup definitely needs to be streamlined a bit, and if the hardware supports it, features should be enabled, or at the very least, you should be able to pay to enable them permanently for the lifetime of the watch. The competition isn't going to stand still!

• You "Upgraded" from a Fenix to a Venu?