This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Training Effect - Recovery time - Vo2Max

Hi Garmin,

Please add Training Effect and Recovery time Vo2Max metrics, it's a huge flaw, if it's a Garmin smartwath it should come with these metrics, if it didn't stick with Huawei or Apple.

That's what distinguishes you, because if you don't have these metrics, it's just the same as so many others...

I changed my smartwatch because of these options I already have on the edge 830, I paid 400€ for Venu 2 and it doesn't have these data...very bad.

Thanks

• Let's hope so! The problem then would shift to the "ecosystem" one company is able to provide and Huawei isn't the best or, for that matter, the most trustworthy (personally, I don't trust much the Chinese....). But a Samsung chest strap with their very nice smartwatches could be a nice incentive for Garmin to stop certain unpleasant marketing strategies and start listening more closely to their customer's wishes and suggestions. Let's keep our fingers crossed in the meantime.....

• "If Garmin would be focusing on making existing lineups of their watches better instead of creating new lineups everyone would benefit from that in the long run." ....Except for Garmin. I agree with you 100% though and I would add that the jealousy of higher end devices' owners couldn't be an issue since the features we're discussing are available also on the FR245 which is definitely an entry level of the "pro" lineup and less expensive than the Venu

• The key is the fr245 is specifically a "running watch", as it's name even says "ForeRUNNER"

• Except for Garmin.

I would disagree, as we know the most sold smartwatch in the world is made by Apple and unlike Garmin they don't do dozen of various smartwatches by fragmenting the market and making hard for new buyer to understand what they need. They do all-around watch which actually track HR without chest strap way better than Garmins and have easy to understand life-cycle. I'm sure that if they wouldn't limit it to Apple devices many Garmin users would actually switch to it as well. At least those who can live with short battery life.

So why not make a device which would appeal to most niches and dominate the market by luring users of other brands? In fact I believe that Vivoactive and Venu are the attempts by doing this, but they could do it way more effectively if they would do a real all around watch and not limited in all regards.

• So what? Training effect data and recovery time are not an exclusive interest of runners. I, for instance, had a 245 but I was never a runner. HIIT training requires knowledge of the aerobic and anaerobic effect of sessions and, most importantly, recovery times. I switched from 245 to the venu because I wanted a smart watch that I could use within the same "ecosystem" of my training watch so that I could have all my data within garmin connect images instead of switching between huawei health and garmin connect. I was actually hoping that venu would get training effect and recovery as an update. But I was wrong. I guess I'll have to get back to the 245 

• The key is the fr245 is specifically a "running watch", as it's name even says "ForeRUNNER"

they are, but then why Garmin can't make their PhysioTrueUp to work for owners of ForeRunners or Fenixes? So an owner of Forerunner can wear one watch for a run, then wear Venu for a gym and in the end of day see in Garmin Connect training data for both sessions instead of one, I think this would improve user expeirence and actually could make people buy more watches. At least myself, I would consider getting an FR watch.

• Works fine for me on a forerunner and a fenix.

• Jim, can you please clarify that you're doing some workout with VA or Venu and then can see training effect in Garmin connect for this training or somehow else?

I was asking owners of Fenix devices previously about this and got negative response.

• I'm saying that physio true up works fine for me with forerunners and fenix devices. I never had to do anything other than enable it.

Training effect has never been available on any vivoactive or venu device.

• Thanks for clarifying that, Jim!