This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Training Effect - Recovery time - Vo2Max

Hi Garmin,

Please add Training Effect and Recovery time Vo2Max metrics, it's a huge flaw, if it's a Garmin smartwath it should come with these metrics, if it didn't stick with Huawei or Apple.

That's what distinguishes you, because if you don't have these metrics, it's just the same as so many others...

I changed my smartwatch because of these options I already have on the edge 830, I paid 400€ for Venu 2 and it doesn't have these data...very bad.

Thanks

• The Venu 2 is an activity tracker, not a sports watch.

You would probably be happier with a Fenix or Foreerunner.

• My Venu2 does show Vo2max. Don't know about training effect/load.

• I tend to agree but these are just metrics and the watches have the same sensors so Venu surely could show these stats. But it of course the higher price watches need their selling features. But at the same time in sale you can get the fenix 6 pro for also around 400 €.  

• I completely agree: it might be, as fallingrock points out, an activity tracker and not a sports watch, but I find it shameful that a simple software upgrade cannot be granted to customers that decide, however, to purchase a watch that certainly is not cheap. I come form a forerunner 245 and I believe that whoever buys a Venu 2 should be granted, at least, the functions of a mid-range forerunner. Otherwise, the 100+ euros more in price from that model are only for the amoled display? In my opinion unacceptable. But I guess this opens the way for a Venu 2 Pro or a Venu 3 that will have those functions (since so many users seem to ask for them!). There will be plenty of customers ready for the upgrade then. Alas, I will be very likely one of them!

• The Garmin Venu is not really a smartwatch, it's still far away if you go that route, it's way below the competition and much more expensive. The only way not to be a big failure is Garmin's normal SmartWatch sports way, and by not having the simple metrics and features that other cheaper branded devices have then it will be gone!

Let's look at my example, I exchanged a SmartWatch with better visual appearance to use in everyday life, with a better screen, with sports activities Vo2 Max etc... for Garmin to be able to use it in addition to the Edge 830 and have all data in the App Connect .

I buy the Venu 2 more like SmartWatch to use every day, expensive twice as expensive as my previous one, and it doesn't have SmartWatch functions, doesn't do ECG, body temperature, Sounds during sleep doesn't measure, answer calls, Virtual Run to use on treadmill (I tested with treadmill and didn't measure anything right), Training Effect and Recovery also don't have!

So where do we stay is fish or meat?

If only it had the Training Effect and Recovery and Virtual Run metrics it would already be a model that would meet expectations now without it, it won't do much and by the way it looks compared to other SmartWatch it's far and much more expensive, I'm considering yours return, because I feel cheated.

The right way would be a SmartWatch with at least the normal sports functions of other cheaper devices from Garmin itself, that would be the right one!

• Its all about marketing/profit,  unfortunately you'll have a keen cyclist who buys the the Edge 1030 and when it come time to replace a watch they will then have to spend extra to maintain the eco system. Something so simple to implement is priced out of the product to force the person to spend extra. 

• As soon as one of the lower-priced smartwatch manufacturers or Samsung (not so low priced) realizes that all they have to do is provide the feature that allows their watches to connect to a chest heart monitor to get a substantial chunk of Garmin's market, things might change in our favor.... Frankly, I find it hard to understand why they haven't done it yet, since they all have Bluetooth connectivity. Marketing mysteries, I guess 

• It's a mistake because the Venu 2 is sold as a smartwatch Sports & Fitness » Activity Tracking.

If you only do the basic then it's better to save 375€ and with the other 25€ buy a cheap smartband as it does the same.

https://www.garmin.com.sg/products/intosports/venu-2-blue/#featureTab

• The Venu 2 is an activity tracker, not a sports watch.

You would probably be happier with a Fenix or Foreerunner.

I never could understand people who oppose of adding new features which actually already implemented on watch from original Venu and you can view them using either inside FIT file, or using free service like Runalyze or competing Tredict

Artificially keeping those metrics hidden doesn't make any better for the company, I doubt that many people would invest into Forerunner only because of those metrics as it's very ergonomically different device as it's using buttons for controls and has tranflective screen instead of AMOLED.

Can you explain why you're against Garmin to let people see those metrics? Especially that those metrics are already there along with Recovery time, this make their ecosystem more complete and people wouldn't need to resort to other methods of seeing those metrics. People who don't use those metrics can just ignore those, and people who know what are they can see them at least inside Garmin Connect. I feel it's fair to allow people to see those especially if they invested into more expensive devices like Fenix and just want to have another device like Venu to use o casionnaly.

Are you an owner of some "higher end" device who are jealous about the same bells and whistles would be available to everyone?

If Garmin would be focusing on making existing lineups of their watches better instead of creating new lineups everyone would benefit from that in the long run.

• As soon as one of the lower-priced smartwatch manufacturers or Samsung (not so low priced) realizes that all they have to do is provide the feature that allows their watches to connect to a chest heart monitor to get a substantial chunk of Garmin's market, things might change in our favor.... Frankly, I find it hard to understand why they haven't done it yet, since they all have Bluetooth connectivity. Marketing mysteries, I guess 

yeah, I'm waiting for this to happen, Huawei promised to add chest strap support, as for why other companies aren't fast at implementing this, maybe they just don't see clear benefit of attracting more sport oriented audience who know why additional sensors are necessary.