This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HR accuracy when not in activity

Hello,

I received my venu 2 5 days ago and noticed a lack of accuracy In HR monitoring mainly when not in an activity. If I start an activity it seams to go fine when compared to a band, but during the day is always around 65-80 even when I’m band is around 110 or more. 
also noticed that during if I’m cycling and in the edge I see 135 hr, in venu (without starting an activity) it’s still at 80.

anyone else? This is anoying and I might send the watch back.

thank you

• I've had the clock for some time, and is super satisfied with it, but after this last update something has happened.  I guess it's a sw fix coming quite soon, or at least I'm hoping it is.

• As stated in another topic.. I´m on the same boat... HR is approx 20bpm off when running on treadmill and my calories on outside walking with GPS are halfed. All after 8.11 update.. on 5.xx everything was ok

• Have gave up and went back to the Venu.

Agree that calories for walking and for some reason especially hiking are a very low estimation.

Probably because of a low HR.

• Same here. Heart rate is way off. Even when doing high intensity (in activity mode strength training) the rate does not go above 130. Seems like Garmin ist just trying to guess based on activity mode.

Also when relaxing values are too high. Normal resting heart rate is below 60. sometimes this is correct on the watch and in the next minute it’s between 70-80 again (while sitting).

Super unhappy :( if there is no solution soon I will need to return the watch.

• Venu 2s nuovo di pacco....sembra che dopo qualche ora a riposo fatichi a sentire l'aumento della freguenza cardiaca,continua a sentire una freguenza carfiaca bassa...l'unica soluzione che ho trovato funzionare,e quella di spegnere e riaccendere la rilevazione

• Kevin, I am having this exact same problem with my Venu. 
    my heart strap connected through other apps will read accurately while my venu reads a very low standing heart rate. 
    if I start an activity on my venu the heart rate immediately goes up to reflect a more accurate heart rate. It can literally go from 90 to 130 bpm immediately upon starting an activity. 

im having to start an activity just so I can have a more accurate account of my daily heart rate. 

any help here would be great. 

• You have my permission Kevin to access my garmin account. I’ve been having the exact same problem for the last year. 
    activities register my heart rate accurately but the moment I stop an activity mode the heart rate reads almost 20bpm less. This is a consistent problem. 

• Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else on my Venu 2 plus. More noticeable when I'm using Trainerroad on my laptop with a heart strap and when I compare the heart rate on my wrist it can be out by 60/70 bps. It really makes me feel disappointed with the watch. Next time I train I'll start the activity on my watch and discard it to see the difference when not recording an activity. 

• My wife has cardio on all day because of this bug. Is there really no Garmin developer to fix this bug?

• Serafín- please have your wife comment using her account so we can look into her account if she consents. Thank you.