This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HR accuracy when not in activity

Hello,

I received my venu 2 5 days ago and noticed a lack of accuracy In HR monitoring mainly when not in an activity. If I start an activity it seams to go fine when compared to a band, but during the day is always around 65-80 even when I’m band is around 110 or more. 
also noticed that during if I’m cycling and in the edge I see 135 hr, in venu (without starting an activity) it’s still at 80.

anyone else? This is anoying and I might send the watch back.

thank you

• We are all well aware of the FAQs. The problem is, that we've mentioned the issue before, and it's a system setting that we don't have access to that causes the problem. The accuracy is given when working out (either when manually starting a workout, or when it detects one), but not when not in a workout. Then, the precision is... well, nonexistent. It has nothing to do with a scratched sensor, the watch not being worn right or even a hardware defect, it's an issue with a low-power sensor mode that automatically enables and can't be disabled when in idle. I rely on my watch to notify me of (short) heart rate spikes and dips when they happen (as in: starting to move in any kind of way), and not with a massive delay or never. The FAQ evidently has nothing to do with that problem because it assumes that the user is doing something wrong, which is not the case.

I stand by the preceeding seven pages mentioning the issue: Please give us an option to disable this low-power sensor mode that makes the results of the heart rate monitoring in idle completely useless. You've managed to add an option to the watch to monitor SPo² the entire day, with a warning that it may drastically reduce battery runtime, it's really easy to implement the same for disabling the low-power sensor state. Referring to the FAQs as opposed to handing that info to the software developers does nobody any good.

• I've had my Venu 2 for a week now, and wish I'd seen this thread first. It is frustrating that the heart rate accuracy is so bad in idle mode. When I go bike riding without enabling the bicycle activity mode, it thinks im resting. I wanted passive monitoring, but now I know I cannot trust the results.

Activating the activity mode solves the problem, as does activating the HR widget (but only for the few moments that the widget is open). But I cannot trust any of the HR data at all now outside of activity mode, which is very sad. 

As requested above, please make this idle power mode optional. It seems I should just have gone with Fitbit. 

• , I've sent you a message about this.

• Same problem encountered on fenix 7 ... without starting an activity the heart rate is underestimated