This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Support for stress from a HRM strap

Hi,

I see that the latest firmware adds "support for stress from a HRM strap". Can someone from Garmin or an informed user advice what this means? Couple of specific questions I have are

- If I was to take a Health Snapshot, will the HRV & Stress data be derived from the HRM data or will that still use the OHR?

- If I was to wear the watch & a HRM pro (not during an activity) will the HRM data be used for stress? or the OHR? or both?

Thanks

Top Replies

• Can someone from Garmin or an informed user advice what this means? Couple of specific questions I have are

I'm not from Garmin and own different watch but I have a tip which may possibly help…

All Replies

• Can someone from Garmin or an informed user advice what this means? Couple of specific questions I have are

I'm not from Garmin and own different watch but I have a tip which may possibly help you, each time when HRM strap is used you'd see the message like "HRM Connected", this happens each time when you start activity. Also, it happens when I try to watch my pulse data without starting any activity but having my chest strap on me.

So you can try to do the test, just wear your chest strap and launch health snapshot, I bet you'd see your HRM strap connected and if so your HRM will override data from OHR.

• I tried connecting HRM-PRO and then measure Health Snapshot, but it still shows that it was taken on watch. So I gues this activity takes all data from watch and does not support HRM straps yet.