This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Venu 2 sensors not working (heart rate shows as "--", no sleep or stress recording either)

Hi. I recently bought a Venu 2. I had the Venu previously and loved it, so I figured I'd upgrade when the newer one came out. As soon as I received it, I made sure all the tracking settings were on, made sure that the heart rate sensor was set to "always" instead of "smart" (I read somewhere in this forum that has solved a similar issue for someone previously). The sensors stopped working after about a day. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, including a full reset, making sure the app/watch was up-to-date, ensuring my settings were enabled.

I couldn't get the watch to work. After speaking with Garmin support and going through all of those troubleshooting steps together, they decided to send me a replacement. I just received the replacement yesterday, and already it's doing the same thing.

For context, the steps, the floors, the notifications, the calorie counter -- those are all still working. It's only the heart rate, stress, and sleep that aren't tracking. I reconnected my old Venu to see if it was a problem with my phone, but the old Venu is working fine, connecting to my device and measuring heart rate. So I'm not convinced that it's a phone issue. I know that this can sometimes be an issue when the watch is too loose, but I've got it pretty tight and that shouldn't be affecting it. I do see the sensor blinking green; it's just not showing any measurements on my watch or the app.

My question -- has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there any known issues with Garmin and iOS? I recently updated my phone, and that's around when my problems started, so I'm wondering if that could be the issue. But I reset my phone, downloaded the iCloud backup with the previous iOS just in case that was the problem, and it still isn't working.

TL;DR: My heart rate only shows "--" no matter what troubleshooting steps I try. Any tips for getting it to work again?