This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2s - Pool Swim workout not syncing?

I have created a custom pool swim workout in my Garmin Connect. I tried to send it to my device, but a pop up appears saying that my device is not compatible. I find it weird if I cannot create a custom pool workout and sync it to my watch like I do with running workouts. Any ideas? Is this just a compatibility issue?

• HI there! Not all custom workouts are compatible with certain devices. Swim unfortunately is not. 

• So which workouts can we use in swim ?

• So which workouts can be used in swim if custom workouts don't work.

I don't seem to get accurate lengths even when I put in the pool length 

• Will swim workouts ever be available for Venu 2?

As this seems to me more company decision than an hardware/software limitation.

Also in the specification of the device it is reported 'downloadable training plans' which I have intended as

'You can download any workout you have created as long as the activity is supported'  I have also seen that this was already reported ambiguos for the Venu and after 2 years that was not fixed.

Further looking better on your website I found the Spec table extremely manipulative since the table shows the features of a device with a check mark but it does not show the missing features.

Check mark tables representation are commonly used as way to display feature/missing features. This becomes a manipulated representation in case missing features are porpusely removed as a user scrolling through the list is induced to think that the device has all the possible features.

The only way a user is able to identify missing features is by comparisons with other devices.

• I just discovered this missing feature, too. I bought this particular watch because I wanted to create my own swimming workouts eventually when I joined a pool. What a waste of money that I couldn't avoid it because Garmin stated that the Venu 2 had customizable workouts. The user manuals are so dense that you can't expect a user to read *every manual* for every watch to determine which watch is right for them. You rely on one of those dumb checkmark charts. Stupid. Garmin should have a checkmark chart of which features the watches don't support. I'm so annoyed. 

• Why doesn't the Venu 2 support custom swim workouts? It lets me create the swim workout in the app on my phone, but it won't allow me to push it to my watch. I can create a custom running workout on the app and push it to my watch. 

• I'm guessing it's because Garmin want you to buy the swim specific watch. This is so frustrating after spending 15mins creating a custom workout only to see that I can't push it to my device. It looks like the same functionality as for a custom run workout so as someone said above it seems to be a pure business decision.  Will have to keep requesting this feature and hope they make it available for Venu 2. :( 

• That makes me sad. I left Fitbit because they put so much behind a paywall. And of course I don't need two watches. *sigh*

• I’m passing by just te reinforce how frustrating it is! My first connected watch, I carefully choose Garmin for their amazing reputation and now I found myself stucked in something absolutely stupid. I’m not a pro, I’m just a swimmer that want to make my owns work outs…

• Please stop limiting this much the functionalities available to the users if the hardware allows their support.
    My wife just bought a Venu2S and can not push her own pool swimming workouts from garmin connect.
    If the limitation was hardware-related, I could understand, but in this case the watch is clearly able to support such functionality. Third-party apps like "Swim trainer" will take care of it... but you obviously have to pay a monthly subscription to create your own workouts!
    If the lack of workout support was clearly stated in the watch description, the buyer could do an informed choice before purchasing. But in this case, it it stated that the watch supports workouts, and also supports the activity... implying for any good-thinking person that pool-swim activity supports workouts.
    I came across various comments and requests on this specific functionality support. Garmin, please unlock this feature on the Venu series.
    Thank you in advance.