This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any possibilty to get training effect/load/status on Venu 2?

I'm tearing between Venu 2 and FR 245, so I'm curious about the features that don't exist in Venu 2.

1. Is there any chance for these features to appear in future updates?
  2. Does Garmin Connect app contain any of these features despite lacking of these features on the watch screen?
  3. Are there any third-party(preferably free) apps that can calculate these values from watch data dumps?
  • Keep in mind that the V2 is an activity tracker, not a sports watch.  It's not going to track stuff that the Forerunner does.

• It is a software, not a hardware constraint. There's a chance that these metrics can be calculated from the stats Venu gives. That's a quite disappointing thing, considering there is no Forerunner with a screen any close to Venu's and Elevate 4.0 sensor(except 945 LTE, which is pricier).

• Of course it would be possible and is software related but this is not how Garmin works. If they haven't put those features in the release version they won't put it in later on. Maybe a new activity type which would also be new to other devices. Maybe small tweaks. But no Firstbeat stuff that already exists for a long time. Then you need a Forerunner or Fenix. 

• It sounds disappointing as these features are presented in chinese watches costing less than 200$, but the company owning Firstbeat doesn't include them in their 400$ watches.

Curious if those features are really useful.

• Count me. Have FR245 and Venu2.

How to install training status widget on Venu2?
    Custom wrtitten widget can acces to training status?