This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS reliability compared to running apps on cell

Just stepped up to Venu 2 from Vivoactive 3 and I must say I'm impressed. Overall an excellent device. Just have 1 small issue.....which may be normal and not an issue at all. I never used my Vivoactive 3 to track my runs and used Map My Run on my cell instead. I typically run the same route around home that's always tracked as just over 3 miles using May My Run on my cell. Today I used my Venu 2 instead and the same route came up as 3.25 miles. Has anyone had similar experience using their Venu 2 and a run tracking app on their cell phone? Also when I did my run today it was tracked on my Venu 2 using auto activity start and not manually starting it. I did notice when looking at the route it mapped in the activity that it showed walking out of the house to the stop sign I always start at......but that distance is nowhere near 1/4 mile and I did pause and stand still for a bit at the stop sign before starting my run. 

• did it track any additional distance at the end of your run?  it doesn't seem that bad to me, especially if you didn't actually track an activity (starting and stopping at the same points as the phone tracks).