This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2s sleep data not syncing

So my Garmin Venu 2s won't sync my sleep data. The watch is recording it but it won't sync to Garmin Connect. I have removed device and repaired it, turned the app on and off, restarted my phone and the watch, and not to mention made sure its the preferred device. Anything the support centre suggested I have tried it multiple times. Its just not syncing. 

• Hi Kevin and Amber. Same issue. Just unboxed my new Venu 2S yesterday and wore it overnight. 

It is updated to v. 4.67. 

• GARMIN EXPRESS ON PC (my preference) I am a bit anti-EMF, so I first tried to upload the sleep data using Garmin Express and the Cable. I tried multiple times. No joy at all. 
    • WIFI: Next, I gave in and switched on the Wifi.  Performed a sync which was successful, according to the watch. No sleep data on Garmin Connect on my mobile phone or on the Garmin Connect Website.
    • BLUETOOTH:  Finally I reluctantly enabled Bluetooth.  Same results. Googled and found this discussion.  

I am in the EU, just in case that plays in here - since results seem to vary. GDPR and all that. Alternatively could there be some restriction or a server side setting that just fell off?  This makes no sense.  What do the people affected by this have in common?  Everything else is syncing fine!

I also tried rebooting + accessed the sleep data, which some are suggesting might help. Tried syncing again right after. No joy. At this point I have tried each one of the above methods at least 5 times. It's been 7 hours since I got up. The sleep data is simply not syncing. Everything else that I have done/changed, has synced. The bug affects upload of the the sleep data only. 

Steps to reproduce; 

1. Wear the Venu 2s with build 4.67.
    2. Sleep. 
    3. Check for presence of sleep data on the watch. It will be there.
    4. Perform a sync using each possible method: Garmin Express/Wifi/Bluetooth to phone. All are failing to upload sleep data.  
    5. Check for the sleep data data in either app/website.   Health > Sleep. 
    6. Expected (correct) behaviour:  Sleep data should be present in the app and on the website within 1 hour max. 
    7. Actual (incorrect) behaviour: Sleep data is not not present - even after waiting 6 hours.

This is exactly what ~50 people are reporting in this thread. Seems you have a bug on your hands with this. Hope it is scheduled in for a fix!

• This is exactly what ~50 people are reporting in this thread.

More like 15.  Seems you're counting every post and not user's as reporting a bug.  I'm sure the folks at Garmin can count too. Relaxed

• Clearly there is a bug here, Tess. Whether it's 25 or 50 people who reported it (found their way to this forum and made the effort to register), the real number of affected people will be in the thousands.   Don't you think it would be a good idea for Garmin to fix it?: 

• You voted me down because of your math and always vote yourself up.  Interesting.

Whether it's 25 or 50

No, it's exactly 15.

the real number of affected people will be in the thousands.

What are you basing your numbers on?  I'm aware support forums are normally used for people to find solutions.  Therefore support forums will be biased and don't tell the true numbers.

Don't you think it would be a good idea for Garmin to fix it?: 

Of course I do.  Just as I think forum post should be factual and not embellished or exaggerated, like inflating numbers by 233%.  Don't you?

• I voted you up again!   Happy?  I just got irritated that you felt it necessary to complain about a minor detail like that.  I'd been hanging out on forums all day, trying to get my new watch set out and I realised how much negativity and unhelpfulness there is on forums. Your post came across that way. With 10 posts per page and 5 pages I made that 50.  Sorry I didn't stop to count the exact number!  Once you vote, it's impossible to undo it - so it's either up or down. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. 

I'm fed up with negativity on forums - nothing personal against you. It took me 15 minutes to write this up in the attempt to get this problem sorted. I think it was worth an upvote! So shoot me! :D 

All I want here, and why I went to the effort of creating an actual bug report, is for my watch to actually perform the functionality I paid for, a fairly important task.... for myself and everybody else who cares enough to create an account and raise the issue.

Garmin now has an industry standard bug report and this should be looked at by the development team. 

•   I just got irritated that you felt it necessary to complain about a minor detail like that.

I don't think Tess was complaining.  She was just pointing out a discrepancy on what you claimed.  Saying 50 when something is 15 is a far cry from being minor.  If you're watch recorded a distance of 50 miles when you actually ran 15 miles, would this be a minor issue?

I'm fed up with negativity on forums
    I realised how much negativity and unhelpfulness there is on forums.

When you make unsubstantiated claims people will question you.  I'm not sure why you would consider this a negative thing.  It provides users in the forum with accurate and meaningful information.  You say you find the forums unhelpful.  Well, how helpful is it to post something that isn't true? You asked Tess if she were happy now and accused her of complaining because you posted something that was true. You'll find people here on the forum are very helpful if you don't ridicule or deflect blame on them for your actions.  There is no upside to misinformation. 

• I‘m having the same problem since firmware 5.27/5.33. Sleep data is on watch but won’t sync to Connect (Bluetooth/Wifi/USB cable). All other data is syncing. 

Did anyone else experience this on latest firmware?

• over the next few days, please take a photo of your watch showing the sleep recorded shown in the Sleep Widget AND a screenshot of your Garmin Connect mobile app NOT showing the Sleep Card.  Please also take a screenshot of the "Edit My Day" screen, which will show in what position your sleep card should be.

Editing the My Day View in the Garmin Connect App

Additionally, please answer the questions below:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • Screenshots can be seen above. Today I've had five different bugs with FW 5.33:

1. No sleep sync after wakeup, as can be seen above.

2. Screen lockup shortly after that. No response to button press, screen stays black. Usual remedy: Start an app, go back. (This bug is described in the forums)

3. Touchscreen lockup. Screen activated but touchscreen was deactivated. No possibility to sync from watch. (I don't remember if this is a known bug)

4. So I connected my Venu 2s to Garmin Express via USB. It synced (except sleep), but still the typicakl widget bugt: CIQ widgets are all on top, weather widget is gone. (This is a known bug with every CIQ watch I've had. It took about one year to fix it on Fenix 6s)

5. When turning on the watch later to take the photo above, the CIQ watchface showed an exclamation mark. No problems with that watchface ("Glance Watch Face" on Fenix 6s however. (This could be the fault of the watchface)

So I guess I'm done with Venu 2s until a new firmware arrives. I will be using my Fenix 6s in the meantime.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Germany

• Did anything come of this? This thread seems to stop with garming support asking for screenshots and then doing nothing when they're posted. 

I'm having the same issue on a Forerunner 945 and it's driving me a little crazy. I've tried just about every suggestion in every random thread related to sleep data synch issues in threads spanning years and nothing has worked. 

Sleep data are accessible in the watch widget. The data do not sync. The symptoms are simple but garmin comments in this thread don't seem to get it.