This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery Life issue

Hello there. Got my Venu 2 a couple of weeks. It's my first Garmin and I find it far superior to the Galaxy Gear S3 it replaced. At first, it was burning about 0.4%/hr battery, which is utterly phenomenal. The watch wiped/reset itself one night (for reasons I don't yet understand as it hasn't recurred) and ever since then the battery burn is higher (0.59% which is still very good) but last night I had an anomaly,

I went to be with it at 36% and and awoke to dead watch. I do have SPO2 tracking on and I'd be OK with turning it off as I don't believe it's accurate at all but I'd like to understand what happened last night before I do. Are there any known bugs that are in the process of being squashed?

• Hello! I would sync the device with Garmin Express and then hold the power button for 45 seconds ignoring power off and turning it back on. If your watch is below 50% and the pulse is enabled for sleep tracking it will deplete the battery. Other than that, your device should not be experiencing any bugs. 

• Amber, as a follow up: I disabled PulseOx and it had been going fine with about .5% per hour and I had discharged it to below 15% a couple of times since so I thought I had it fixed. Last night though I went to bed at 11 pm with the watch at 39% and found it dead this morning at 7am. This is not going to work for me as the unexpected and sudden need to charge the watch while driving to work is too much trouble. 

Is this a common issue with other Garmin watches like the Fenix? Is this a known issue that's being worked on in a future software update? If not, I'm going to return it and go back to Samsung. It's battery life was less, but I got an extremely reliable 4-5 days from it.