This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 display does not turn off...

Former Member
Former Member

My venu 2 display does not turn off when the always on is turned on and so is do not disturb.  It's my understanding that the display will turn off when do not disturb is turned on. This doesn't work though when the always on setting is turned on. Once I turn always on off,  it works fine. I keep finding bugs in this watch like the issue where the watch restarts when creating or editing a garmin watchface. These issues make me think that it was not ready for release. I'm so close to returning this thing and going back to fitbit.  Ugh... cringe. 

• In my experience, do-not-disturb does not turn of the always-on display. It suppresses notifications. To turn off the display, use the sleep setting. Once you set sleep times, the AOD will turn off during that sleep window. You can then tap the screen to see what time it is.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Scott

I find the attached information right from the Venu 2 owners manual.  It seems that do not disturb should clearly turn off the display whenever it's turned on. Unlike on Samsung Galaxy watch that has a do not disturb and a separate sleep button, this watch only let's you set a sleeping/ do not disturb time. So if I'm at the movies, I should be able to manually turn on do not disturb and the watch won't bother me with light or sound.  This doesn't seem to work right. 

• The watch display turns on when you receive an alert or notification if the display is currently off. Do not disturb prevents the vibration for alerts and notifications from happening and doesn't override the display always on setting.  This is exactly how the manual clip you posted reads. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to who knows

Then they need to make that clear in the manual.  And it seems to be a serious shortcoming of the watch. That would mean there's no quick way to turn off the display other than going deep into the settings to turn off the always on display. There should be a simple button in the quicker controls menu to put the watch to sleep similar to the galaxy watch. 

• It's by design and not a bug. You can always go to Garmin's product suggestion website and request a change.

www.garmin.com/.../

• Former Member

I get the design aspect but I'd call it a flaw.  Of course,  every device has its ups and downs.  

• Former Member

Thanks for sharing the link.  

• I think the manual is clear. DND will suppress notifications and gesture settings. The AOD is dim anyway. I doubt it would bother anyone unless you hold your wrist up in front of their face, in which case there are other problems. Blush

As mentioned it's functioning as intended. You should contact Garmin support and create a feature request. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Scott

The manual clearly states: You can use do not disturb mode to turn off vibrations AND the display for alerts and notifications. Perhaps I'm dense and don't get it but I'm taking this as the always on setting will turn off... so I'm not disturbed by the display?.  It probably won't bother anyone but me but I'm a bit picky I guess.  I did send Garmin a suggestion.  

• I too read it like Scott, but when I read it again I can see how it can be interpreted that it would turn off the display also.  It isn't the first time Garmin was very vague in their manuals.