This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incident detected - could not discard it - watch restarted

To me this happened during my last run. I started the activtiy "running" on the Venu 2. During my run I had to jump some steps and the watch suddenly showed the "Incident detection". 
I wanted to discard it by swiping but it did not work. Instead of discarding the watch restarted.

I was surprised but the recording of my run was still ongoing after the restart so I could normally resume my run.

Still it would be interesting if someone else had this? 

False incident detection, Discarding not possible, Watch restarts. 

• Happened again today..It is clearly a bug. 

• Same thing with me. Except my activities stops! I just completed my first 2,000 foot MTB climb. I want to use this because I ride by myself often, but the watch has messed up three of my longest/most meaningful activities. 

• Went running yesterday, sprained my ankle and the watch did detect an incident. I was able to abort sending emergency messages. 

Did not "swipe" but pressed on the display to abort

• same issues here started hiking today and everything was good and boom incident occurred but I was ok nothing happen just walking did verified the *** all ok

we need a fix on this issues

• I also have experienced issues with the 

Incident Detection

I frequently get false alarms when riding rougher terrain with the mountain bike and/or stop abruptly. While it makes sense to me that this is detected ad an incident, I find 2 things very frustrating:

1) it is sometimes not possible to abort the countdown to the notification in time. The touchscreen sometimes does not react and I think I cannot abort with a hardware button, can I...? 

2) when an incident notification is triggered/sent to emergency contact, the activity tracking stops! This is frustrating because as described in (1), this is quite often just a false alarm and the watch did non let me abort the countdown....

At the moment I usually start a second activity and then go thru the cumbersome process of downloading, stitching and re-uploading the FIT files ..

However, I also had the problem no that the watch completely died after starting the second activity right after the incident detection. But I assume that's just one of the many instabilities that GARMIN needs to fix.

In any case it would be great to have the possibility to abort an incident notification by pressing (e.g. long pressing) a hardware button (e.g. A Button)

Can you comment on these topics?

Thanks

• they don't care about us right ?