This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Insane Number of Unearned Intensity Minutes

My new Venu 2 is registering an insane amount of unearned intensity minutes. Last week to was 946 with zero exercise. There were normal activities like throwing the ball to the dog and mowing the lawn, but nothing major. 

There was also one night where I had a few drinks so my HR was elevated. I earned over 300 intensity minutes during the night.

Anyone else seeing this?

• Lucky ba-s tard ... Joy I got zero intensity minutes last two months (unfortunately that was true ...)

• Me, too on new Venu 2s!  Insane number for what should be NO intensity mins.  It added 300 IM for a Sunday afternoon eating lunch out.  Granted it was hot outside.  Freaked me out as I thought there might be something horribly wrong with my heart!  I tried a low-key activity next day for 10 mins. My heart rate never went over 105.  Yet watch gave me 18 IM?   In the past, I got nothing unless I my HR stayed in zone 3 for at least 10 mins and it doubles as you get into higher heart rate zones.  I checked and at NO TIME on Sunday did my HR meet the normal intensity min requirements for 10 mins or longer.  Clearly a bug or programming error. I was also unable to get the app to update a walking vo2 score.  New, higher score after a manual test showed in watch.  Would not load to app—not even from Express.  I called support and they suggested I try a timed “run” instead, even if I walked. The new score kicked in, finally. However the intensity mins are insane.  I have more than one garmin watch.  I double checked the heart rate zone matrix.  It makes no sense.  If they don’t have a fix, I will be sending mine back.  Clearly a bug or programming issues!  I am also peeved that on the newer watches with gps, it appears I can NO LONGER get a vo2 max reading on an indoor run on a treadmill (according to manual) I have called support twice.  So either support cannot tell me a way to accomplish this (doesn’t appear to be a way according to manual) or garmin decided to cut out a whole segment of their market—indoor treadmill runners?!?  One support guy actually suggested I find a flat track nearby.  What?  I live in a rural, rugged, hilly area.  There are no flat tracks nearby and I have no flat areas big enough anywhere near me to conduct an accurate Vo2.  All hills and rocks, which makes for low and inaccurate scores.  Also treacherous on ankles and joints.  I have always run on a treadmill.  I am a longtime garmin fan, but very frustrated.  They asked for an error report (on the bo2 issue before we had the IM issue) from express and that does not work either.  Tried alternate instructions and neither method will work.  Having a hard time wrapping my brain around losing the ability to get a vo2 max score indoors on a treadmill.  Plus there are clearly some software glitches.  Going back to an older watch until this gets figured out.  I have been racking my brain trying to find another newer Garmin watch that doesn’t require gps for Vo2 max.  I may have to bail on Garmin altogether, which would be a shame. I have had many watches over the years, currently three operational.  I have also purchased several as gifts over the years.

• I got a whole bunch of minutes while doing nothing strenuous.  The weird thing is that there was no activity recorded, just my recorded heart rate going crazy and earning intensity minutes while just going about my normal day.

• I've had this, 1st of all when jogging it has recorded the activity and also garmin iq has added a duplicate.

Then when finished it's continued to record as intense for another hour or so.

Same with cycling and also yesterday at work randomly telling me I've completed my goals. The vivoactive 3 I've just sold never had this issue.