This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2s - extremely frustrated/disappointed with battery life - feel like I have tried everything - help?

No matter what I do, including battery saver mode, I cannot get the battery on this thing to last as much as even 24 hours. Predicting the usual suggestions - I do not have an "always on" display. I did not use the GPS or music at all yesterday not even for a moment. I tracked 2 exercises for a total time of about 40 minutes.

Example yesterday - charged to 100%, used it regular during the day (NOT "always on" display, low brightness, medium screen timeout), had it on battery saver mode periodically throughout the day for a total of about 5 hours and regular mode otherwise, it was about 35% when I was going to bed (so already 65% depleted in about 12 hours despite some time in battery saver mode), I put on battery saver mode for bed, it said 2-3 days, I went to sleep with it in battery saver mode, woke up with 10% and it's now dead 2 hours later.

Is mine defective or is this really how a $400 watch is supposed to perform? Since getting it a week ago, I've had my Fitbit Versa 2 on my other wrist. I've had to charge the Garmin daily and the Versa 2 once. I know the Versa 2 is older tech, but if I have to disable every advanced feature of the Venu 2 (i.e. battery savery mode) then the Versa 2 becomes the more advanced device simply because I can use it. Please help!

(Side note, I don't understand the stress tracking - during a time I was having a serious anxiety attack (heart pounding etc.) it shows me as "resting" but sometimes while I am asleep it shows my stress as elevated. So again maybe this is a feature that the Venu 2 only has in theory but not with real world use.  But the battery is the bigger issue.)

• I disable screen (stil wakes up when I tilt arm) disable spo2, have auto detection activities enabled and I'm at 1 week+ of battery.

edit: also try a full reset of the watch, I had some bugs recently that went away only doing a full reset.

• Hi All, I'm frustrated with my Venu 2's* battery drain too.

I contacted the U.S. support (Q#:1002457, Q#:1002458), and they offered a replacement refurbished watch for $140 + tax because my warranty expired 6 months ago.
    This is not right, considering how many of us experience the issue.

For the past few months, when mine gets to around ~35% left, then within half an hour or so I get a low battery warning and when I go check the status it shows 0% and it gets turned off shortly.

I updated to v13.14, as advised by the Support, but the issue still persists.

* I see this thread is about Venu 2s and not Venu 2, but perhaps the issues are related.

I also left a comment in a similar thread (forums.garmin.com/.../1626683)

• I have a VenuS2 and it is giving me the same issue, and who’s to say that refurbishing watch won’t give you the same issue. I see hundreds of people having this issue.. I am constantly getting emails with matching complaints and Garmin isn’t addressing them. So honestly, I’ll be switching to one of their competitors once I find a sale. Because this VenuS2 is so unreliable!

• Thank you for your participation in our Forums. I've sent you DM regarding this.