17.04 - battery drain - thoughts

Hello, 

since updating Venu 2 Plus to 17.04 I noticed terrible battery drain. I contacted Garmin and they told I should send the watch for a warranty. It doesn't make sense at all... 

Last week I was skiing everyday: +/- 7 hours per day, -5/-10 C deg, GPS on. Battery lasted ~1 day with 30-40% left around 5PM. 

This week:

- battery charged to 100% on Monday, around 8AM, 

- Tuesday, 8PM, 36 hours after: still 78% - no activities.

- Tuesday, 10-10:30PM - after one hour of indoor cycling (no GPS), 

- Wednesday 12:20 - 48% (no activities now), 

Summary:

Monday 8AM -> Tuesday 8PM: 22% 36 hours, 22% => 1,63 hour per 1% -> 163 hours -> ~7 days 

Tuesday 8PM -> Wednesday 12PM: 16h, 30% => 0,53 hour per 1% => 53 hours, 2,2 day - JOKE

I'm not sure what's going on but seems either running activity or synchronizing with Garmin connect is killing the battery. Garmin should focus on this...

• I think this device should be ready to use without checking if there is no constant BT disconnections...

• An update: disabled heart monitor, charged fully, disconnected from charger and left the watch for night. Now: 86% after 9 hours...

• Do I need to turn off the heart monitor?

• I haven't noticed any difference. 30 minutes per 1% seems to be standard since Tuesday 10PM. 

Garmin - are you going to provide any feedback other than sending watch for replacement? It doesn't solve the issue (already some people decided to replace and issue comes back after updating to 17.04). 

• New user to this watch....

Came from gtr4  Witch is better than this and cheaper....

Battery lasted for 48 h out of tha box....

Gps got stuck in a couple off running outdoor....

Tried support they said take it to the seller....

So no help and weak support for an expensive and faulty device.

But still ....lost quite an amount of time reading fóruns and found out tons of people with issues on this model....

Here is the workarounds for this two problems....

If you are not taking your phone running .... toggle the live thing off...because the watch keeps trying to find the phone and it causes it to crash and stop recording your track.i have a bike computer 530 with live tracking and incident detection and when it detects no phone in range it stops live tracking and warns me about it. The Venu 2 plus just lags and says it's looking for data connection.... This is a bug that renders the device useless and should be corrected....no phone in range no live track....easy.

Started wearing the watch and in 48 hours battery dead...found out you have to toggle battery savings on and then off to make it work normally....this is another inexplicably stupid thing you have to do to make your watch last for a few days...

I regret I ever bought this watch....because it seems an unfinished product selling for quite a heavy price.

Not happy with support as well for this dry and unprofessional answer " take it to the seller".