This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2+ with HRM Pro + Running Dynamics

Just picked up the Venu 2+ and HRM Pro+ thinking that it would be a good upgrade from my previous Fitbit.  Imagine my disappointment when I found out that although the HRM Pro+ connects to the watch seamlessly through ANT+, it refuses to allow me to access running dynamics.  I thought that for a $200 strap (CAD) I would have no issues getting the running dynamics, if not on the watch then at least through the app for post run assessment.  

Kind of feeling a bit ripped off right now!  Garmin, if it's a money issue and you want to use these features to sell your more expensive (but less relevant for me) gear, then why not charge a couple bucks extra per month for those with devices it "could" work with but you've decided not to enable due to business reasons?  Or, can toggle the switch and allow it to work in future FW updates?

• Can't state my disappointment in Garmin enough on this one.  Should have gone with the Polar H10 chest strap I guess; higher rated, cheaper and would work the same as the HRM PRO +.  I went with the HRM thinking from all the reviews it would be compatible with the newer mid range watch, but silly me. 

Venu 2+ might be advanced enough to be the one and only Garmin watch to have the capability for Afib detection, but not enough to display advanced running analytics from another Garmin device that cost 200 bucks?!?!?!  Crazy world.

• If you want more than a health & wellness fitness tracker, avoid Garmin Health&Wellness.

• I thought for the price and feature set the Venu 2+ was more than a "health and wellness fitness tracker".  Sure, the Lily I picked up for the wife is that, but not the Venu 2+.  

Not withstanding that, I'd have thought for 200 bucks I would at a minimum be able to see the running dynamics on Garmin connect, regardless of the watch I have.  I figured this is what I was paying the premium for over the Polar H10.  I have learned the hard way not to trust Garmin as a common sense company and to read the fine print before buying anything.

Also would have been nice to know that I'd have to purchase one of their very expensive and utterly useless scales (according to reviews) if I want to get that part of connect working as well.

Am really happy with the watch, just not Garmin business politics/model.  They are not as consumer friendly as the hype led me to believe.