This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Plus does not auto reconnect to Pixel 7 Pro and continually prompts manual pairing code

Anytime the BlueTooth is toggled on/off (or my phone restarts) on the Pixel 7 Pro my Garmin Venu 2 plus requires me to manually re-pair the watch to my phone using the pairing code and the Garmin Connect App.

Multiple times at night the watch has lost connectivity to my phone and the pairing code flashes up on the watch and wakes me up (despite being in sleep mode). Similar to toggling the blue tooth on/off the only way to reconnect the watch to the phone in this situation is to go through the Garmin Connect App and use the pairing code again.

This appears to be a similar issue to what users have reported in the thread below which is now locked. For my Pixel 7 phone the issue is not resolved.

https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mobile-apps-web/f/garmin-connect-mobile-andriod/283174/repeated-bluetooth-pairing-codes-after-disconnecting-watch?fbclid=IwAR39_GKFgyi6BepylLO7OyrvQwFByBEk6gxJc8FPRvuULb4Lt9KCBpB7dYQ

So far I have deleted all the Garmin apps off my phone and re-installed them, as well as reset the watch to factory default. I have also verified the phone and watch have the most up to date software. I saw in the other thread a comment about renaming the bluetooth device which I have tried but that failed as well.

What is going on, and are other Pixel 7 Pro users reporting similar issues still? 

• I am just switching over from Galaxy 5 Pro to Venu 2 Plus.  4 days now paired with a Pixel 7 Pro and have not had to reconnect at all.  Both watch and phone are turned off for the night.  Next day I turn both on and the Venu reconnects automatically.  So have not had your problems.

• I haven't had that as a consistent problem with any of my Pixel phones. It does happen, occasionally, when I switch phones. I "forget" the device from the phone, pair again, and that usually takes care of the problem. 

• Did you find a solution to no automatic reconnection on Venu 2 Plus? I am dealing with the same issue on a Huawei phone. Highly irritating. I have another Huawei phone (exact same phone model) paired with FR255 and no such issues on FR255.

• Hi, Did you find a solution for your Hauwei Phone? I'm having the exact same issue. Thanks

• I have the same issue since I switched phones from a Samsung to the Pixel 7 Pro.  The Pixel and Venu disconnect pretty much every day at least once, and won't reconnec until I go through pairing and enter the code.

• Stesso problema per me con Honor 5 Pro,anche se lascio in background l'app Connect!Ho il Venu 2 Plus da 3 giorni e disconnette all'improvviso almeno 2 volte al giorno e devo riassociarlo con codice!

• It's the Same issue for my Garmin Venu and Google Pixel 7 Pro. No Solution very annoying! Every Time I want to sync I have to repeat all the pairing steps.