This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep tracking off even in comparison with other Garmin devices

Hi,

I switched from a Swim 2 to a Venu 2 Plus and i'm seeing huge differences in the sleep data. Most obvious is an excessive amount of awake time; the Venu records 2 to 3 hours (!) awake time every single night. A side by side comparisons with a Swim and a Fitbit shows awake times of minutes on these same nights. 

I know accuracy of sleep tracking data must be taken with a grain of salt, but this is really bad.

Cheers, D.

• Hello

I'm sorry that the sleep data seems to be off. Please check out THIS article about Advanced Sleep Monitoring to ensure that you are meeting the requirements for sleep tracking. If you have met all of the requirements and it still seems inaccurate, may I have permission to view your Connect account?

• Hi, 

Thanks for your quick response. Seems most is in order except for the sleep window being different due to holidays (i thought it was only used to surpress messages and turn off the display). I'll try setting the window before going to sleep for a couple of nights to see if it makes a difference and check back in when i have more data. If it remains odd i'll be happy to let you look at the data in Connect.

Best, D.

• You're welcome, and that sounds good! I would recommend setting that window as early as you can, as many as 4 hours before you go to sleep if possible. 

• Hi,

I've kept an eye on it for a bit more and switched the Venu for the Swim 2 a couple of times but the results stay pretty much the same with the sleep window set earlier. The Venu tracks a lot of awake time resulting in low sleep scores on most nights. I do know i switch sides often when sleeping and the device sensors are not exactly the same, but the difference in the sleep data is quite big.

Example of a week with the Venu 2 Plus and the Swim 2. 

Best, D.

• Thanks. I know tracking steep stages (especially) is not super accurate even in high end 'medical grade' devices. My only 'issue' with the Venu is that it detects a lot more awake time than my Swim 2 and Fitbit (it appears to me that large parts of the awake time on the Venu are measured as light sleep on the Swim and FB). Of course it could also be the other devices are measuring too little awake time, but that doesn't correspond with how i feel in the morning. The Venu reports low sleep scores on many (most) days when i feel i've slept perfectly fine. When my Swim indicates i've had a really bad night, i generally lines up with how i feel in the morning :).