This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Metal wrist band - pin lug not holding (Quick release 20mm)

Hello,

I´ve used a 3rd party metal strap on my Vivoactive 3 for about 4 years.
Never had any issues with it!

Now I´ve purchased more or less the same band again, and this won´t hold. I can attach the band and wear it for a day or two. But doing a specific gesture, will tear out a pin on one side.

The band has the exact same length and width. The pins have been slightly thinner, so I changed them. With the exact same behavior.

What I found out is, that the VA3 distance is 20mm and the Venu 2 Plus is 20.2mm.

Did anybody have made a similar experience?

The 22mm pins on the left are too long.

• Yes.  Had the same issue with the Venu.  

• Same issue here with a Venu 2 and a Venu 2 Plus. You can try calling Garmin Support. Depending on who you talk with, they might offer to ship you Garmin lugs, which should work better.  

• Agree with this but I have found that there are some bands on Amazon that will work. Specifically Ritche and Archer bands. But I have not tried metal bands from either. (Not sure if they even have any metal bands). Also the ones I bought were quick release so the lug was attached.

• bonjour,

ma barrette lâche aussi sur ma garmin venu 2 plus lors d'un choc sur la tête du bracelet, je commence à avoir peur de la perdre un peu dommage pour une montre à 450€, le SAV envoie t-il des nouvelles plus solide ?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

Yep.  The Venus run a little wider than 20mm. I ended up buying 21mm pins on Amazon and that fixed the issue. 

• That's a great tip! No one has mentioned that before AND never have I heard that there are 21mm pins out there in the wild. 

I've actually not had issues (yet) with the 20mm bands that I've tried on my Venu 2 Plus, but I did have this problem incessantly on my Venu 2. It's one of the reasons I stopped wearing that watch as well. Had aftermarket bands spring off as I was putting keys in my pocket, etc and the watch would fall to the ground. 

• Bonjour,

suite à mon problème de barrette qui se défaisait, j'ai acheté chez aliexpress un bracelet sport universel en 20 mm pour huawei/honor watch avec double  pointe et depuis plus de problème

cordialement

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to Cyburke

Yeah...it's screwy that Garmin engineered the lug width a little wider than 20mm. I assume they do that so you will buy their bands. The 21mm pins work perfectly. The only hitch is that 21mm quick release pins are difficult but the regular pins work fine. You just need a tool to take them off when you want to swap bands. 

• For me the 21mm were too wide. Just a tiny bit, but they just didn´t fit compressed between the watch "arms".

Pressing down the lever to compress the pin, shows that there is some space above!

So I compressed it and grinded about a quater of a millimeter from it. Just the outer pipe, not the pin.
    Took me about 2 Minutes with a rasp/file.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to HerrRiebmann

Yep, the 21mm quick release pins just don't work. I use standard 21mm pins