This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firmware 9.17 — Battery Drain

New Firmware, Old Problem

My watch was working normally for a month and a half then without warning or changes to settings it started draining at about 4% an hour.

I added the beta firmware (9.14) and did a full factory reset and it was ok again—for two weeks. Starting 10 May it was again draining faster than normal (though slower than before, at about 2% hr). ***BTW, both drain amounts (the 4% and 2%) were notwithstanding if I was using GPS or Ox or not. It's just a standard 4 or 2%.

Last night, I was about to do another reset when I noticed that there was a new firmware ready (9.17) so I installed that and did a power cycle. Over night I tested to see if that solved the problem. It did not.

So this morning I did a full factory reset as that worked last time. But no. Still 2% drain per hour.

• My batt will alternate between normal and high drain. I don't understand why as it'll just switch from normal to high.

A full reset works sometimes, sometimes not.

It's EXTREMELY frustrating

• I have exactly same trouble,

Sometime the battery is using normally and sometime going to drain mode without any modification.

No sport at this moment nothing special.

Since the last firmware battery consumption is less.

But too early for can say it s good.

Need to wait some days.

• I'm having the same issues

Sometime the battery is using normally and sometime going to drain mode without any modification.

• I see that this firmware 9.17 is using some battery

• All,

Thank you for your participation in this thread regarding the experience you are having with  the battery drain on your watch after installing software version 9.17.  Please answer the following so that we may acquire some more information to look into these reports.

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
    4. Please confirm that you have installed software version 9.17
    5. Please also confirm that you do not currently have any Connect IQ watch faces installed on the Venu 2 Plus.
  • 1. yes

2 yes

3 canada

4 yes

5 no other watch faces

• Yes sure u can contact us.

Country france

It is maybe to early for can give a real feedback of battery drain yet

• I'm having the same issue as well. 

Charged it yesterday and did a hike without any problems, but later I got the update notification and installed it. Sinse then i did notice the watch was reacting slow and laggy. This morning I woke up with it being empty. After charging it I saw the battery was draining very quickly.

Not a good moment to have this on a holiday Cry

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Netherlands, currently on holiday in Portugal.

4. Yes, installed as of yesterday

5. No other watch faces.

• Have the exact same issue. Watch drained from 100 to 0 within 6 hrs. Didn't even run a single app or activity. The watch is incredibly laggy. Loading the activity menu takea about 4 seconds.

• Don't have any problems. 3 days already and 84% still free.