This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Animation for custom workouts

I'm building a custom workout via the Garmin connect, however I found out the there are no video animation for any exercise, even that the animation is exist for the exact same exercise, if I'm viewing it from the Garmin built-in workouts. 

It make sense that if the video animation exists for a built-in workout, it will be available for a custom made workout as well, isn't it? 

• I am seeing the same issue on my custom workouts.

• Hello all,

Please see the "Notes About Animated Workouts" section of the FAQ below for more information on the Animated Workouts feature.

Garmin Connect: Using Animated Workouts on a Watch

• I just bought a Venu 2S and I'm pretty disappointed that the animations are not available for custom workouts. It doesn't make sense to not show the animations if it's the same exact exercise included on premade workouts. Disappointed

Is there any chance this could be turned into a feature request for future implementation?

• Another thing that I miss on custom workouts is to be able to name the exercise type. There are a lot of exercises that are not included on Garmin Connect's list, unfortunately. And because there are too many exercise variations, the predefined list will never be good enough.

I usually end up choosing an exercise type close to the one I want and putting the actual name in the Notes field. But that results in having to navigate to another screen every time, to be able to read the notes and see what the exercise really is.

I think it'd be nice if I could select "Exercise Type: Other" and type the name of the exercise I want on a text field, even if that meant losing data like "targeted muscles".

Or if the targeted muscles is a problem, allow me to input the exercise name and then select an "approximate exercise" that has the same targeted muscles.

• Hello Garmin,

I insist in the same way. I use a Garmin instead of any other brand because I can create custom workouts easily. Adding the animation will be a major asset in this way too! Especially when you have new exercise to add to your training routine for which you hesitate during the session.

Moreover, it seems something not so difficult to implement via update to my eyes as a lot of animations already exist in built-in workout.