This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Choosing a watch face always starts with the first IQ face

If you are using an IQ face when you long press the lower right button to edit it (or select a new one) the list always starts with your first IQ face. Then you have to scroll right through many other faces just to get back the the current face. This started happening for me a few firmware updates ago. Anyone else?

• As a test I did a factory reset on my Venu 2 since I am using the Venu 2 Plus now. The problem is still there Disappointed

• I never used a beta firmware (it seems to not be available for me?) and started to have that issue with 9.17 firmware. Maybe people either not often change CIQ watch faces (or their settings), or they only have one CIQ installed, or maybe even they're not bothered? In my case, since I have lots of them, it is very annoying to have to swipe through all WFs every time.

• it is very annoying to have to swipe through all WFs every time.

Exactly Slight smile. I also have a lot of them. I did some experiments on my Venu 2 which has the same issue as the Plus and tagged there as well.  To repeat it here - After an IQ face is selected if I long press the lower right button to go to that face the list starts with the first IQ face I have not the "current" face. I tried a factory reset and then I also tried deleting all IQ faces, hard reset (long press A), then I added some new IQ faces to test and the issue continues.

• I think I misunderstood the issue. When you said "IQ" face I thought you meant any watch face. Now I think you mean third-party faces only. I do see the problem when using a third-party face, it always takes me to the first one (third-party face) when I go back into that menu. I've been using a built-in face and don't see the issue when using built-in faces. All the built-in faces appear together, to the left of the third-party faces.

• Thanks Scott, yes, I should have been clearer. Third party faces.

• Hey , is there anything we can do to get this on the list to fix?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

Yep,  same here.  I just bought the Venu 2 plus and updated the firmware to 9.17. When I go to change the watchface,  it starts at the very end of the stock Garmin ones.  Then I have to scroll thru the ones I've added. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

Yep,  same here.  I just bought the Venu 2 plus and updated the firmware to 9.17. When I go to change the watchface,  it starts at the very end of the stock Garmin ones.  Then I have to scroll thru the ones I've added. 

• Yeah it's with the new firmware. I have not seen a response from Garmin here so I suspect they don't consider it a bug. It is annoying though when you have a lot of CIQ faces.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to Al P

Annoying indeed