This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Huawei P30 Pro still on the naughty step?

Former Member
Former Member

Hi, I just got a Venu 2 Plus and I see my phone (Huawei P30 Pro) is on the Incompatibility List. Can anyone tell me if this lack of Calling and Voice Assistant is still the case, or, if there is a fix, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago

... and if the issue is still current, is Huawei or Garmin responsible for a fix?

• Hello, are you using Venu 2 Plus with P30 Pro? Are there any issues or is calling and/or Google assistant working without problems?

Trying to find someone with real experiences because Incompatibility list is very vague

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to rmnkdlc

I am using the P30 Pro with the Venu 2 Plus. On the phone I get notifications of calendar events, WhatsApp messages and text messages. Music played from my phone with the phone speaker or car speaker cuts out after a few seconds unless I turn off the watches Bluetooth connection. If the phone and watch haven't been connected for a while (anything more than half an hour) it needs reconnecting, usually manually with a pass code, which is not difficult but irritating, but occasionally a full reconnect/set-up. Whilst the watch is connected via Bluetooth, it seems a "cut-down" job, with no Google Assistant, or the ability to make or receive calls from the watch. Add this to really poor sleep tracking (it tells me I'm asleep when I'm laying in bed checking my phone or even pressing buttons on the watch!) and I would not recommend it. I think it offers less than the Fitbit Ionic it replaced and is a lot flakier.

• I got the venu 2 plus and i am with a Huawei Mate 20. Eventhough thw EMUI 12 there is still incompatibility for the voixe assiatant ans the calls. It is a bit frustrating, i contacted Huawei support for that but they couldn't help, they say it is Garmin's problem. I don't know if any update will help.