This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Plus : Battery Drain Issue!

SW version: 6.11
(It's an up-to-date version in Thailand)
27 Jan 2022
[Sleep =7 hr (Battery Drain: 2% per hour)]
11pm: 100%
6am: 87%
DND:On (10pm-6am)
Always on:Off
Gesture:Off
SpO2:off
Move IQ:off
Display brightness: low
Bluetooth: always connect to my phone
Notification: 10
Watch Face: Stock / no motion
Heart rate: on(auto)
Physio TrueUp:on
[Run/Walk Outdoor with GPS = 36min (Battery Drain: 13% per hour)]
6.00am: 87%
6.36am: 79%
Bluetooth: on (headphone only/Spotify Music)
GPS: On
Data Recording: Smart
Gesture: On
Display brightness: low/auto
Heart Rate: On
[Sit indoor / No activity = 2hr (Battery Drain: 2% per hour)]
11.45am: 73%
01.45pm: 69%
Always on:Off
Gesture:On (Short Timeout)
SpO2:off
Move IQ / Move Alert:On
Display brightness: low / auto
Bluetooth: always connect to my phone (no music)
Notification: 20
Phone Call: 1 Call (10sec.)
Watch Face: Stock / no motion (show: Battery%, Time(HH:MM), Day/Date and Black background)
Heart rate: on(auto)
Physio TrueUp:on
[At this rate, I could expect only 43 hours from my normal usage.]
Refer to Venu 2 Plus Battery Life Expectation, my watch is 5 times lag behind Garmin's estimates.
[Note: I did "Reset: Delete Data and Reset Settings" before repoarting this issue; but the reult is still the same.]

Top Replies

All Replies

• I can confirm the issue with my Garmin Venu 2 Plus. The battery drain is around 2% per hour without GSP activities. With no connection to cellphone (bluetooth is off) the drain is gone - 3-4% in 12h. But it's not acceptable for me to keep the watches disconnected from the phone all the time. There was no difference with or without Connect IQ apps.

Before the test I followed the recommendations from this thread: 

1) Unpaired the phone;

2) Cleared Bluetooth cache on the phone;

3) Hard resetted watches with deleting all the user data (2 times);

4) Paired back the phone and watches.

Does anybody have any updates from Garmin, expected fix or a workaround? (don't tell me about disabling bluetooth please =)) 

My system info is the following:

Phone: Huawei P30 Pro

Build number: 11.0.0.174

EMUI version: 11.0.0

Android version: 10

Garmin Connect version: 4.53

Connect IQ version: 2.14

Watches: Garmin Venu 2 Plus

SW Version: 8.12

GPS Version: 6.01

ANT/BLE/BT Version: 7.15

Wi-Fi Version: 4.01

• I had contact with Garmin last week and had a great support person. I gave them all data (analytics, statistics I had when the watch was connected to the phone, etc.) He told me that he forwarded everything to the responsible team and that I would hear from them as soon as possible. Let's see when this is

• Hoping for updates from you in the nearest future. Cos I've already lost my faith

• Same issue here nearly 50% drain overnight. Have turned everything off as I have been following this thread and still didn’t work. Really disappointed with this not a cheap watch and one of my main reasons for moving from my sense and not going for an Apple Watch was the battery life. Garmin please sort this out watch is falsely advertised (9 days battery life)

• The maximum I ever got is 5 days of battery...it's very odd that some nights my battery drains more than 10%, other nights only a little bit...and I don't touch anything...what is disappointing is that Garmin is taking SO LOOOOOOOONG to address this...

• Request a new watch. I had these issues, got a new watch and now I routinely get minimum 7 days of battery life, 9 if I don'tt use it for GPS based workouts.

• That sounds like a dream, it’s frustrating because as end users we shouldn’t have to, we shouldn’t have to do their user testing for something as basic as battery life. It feels like XDA developers just to try and get the advertised battery life.

• Ok so I’m going to do some testing I think the issue is something to do with Bluetooth, connect and sleeping. I keep the app open (in the background) open on the iPhone and wonder if the drain is related to Bluetooth comms constantly being on over night. Also did 3 hard resets so will let you know how this goes. Garmin support we’re good and offered a replacement but I feel it’s a software issue so will just be the same again.

• My Venu 2+ can lose 30% during sleep. I also experiences 5% lost per hour (no GPS/SpO..). It seems it's a software issue because resetting helps. However, after some time the problem starts again. Yesterday, the problem started again - I added WiFi and Garmin Pay to my watch. Not sure what caused it. I'll reset it again and try to monitor it.

• So last night after making sure connect was closed in the background my battery went from 85% to 82% which is what I would expect. I know the issue seems to be intermittent so will keep an eye. Was also wondering if it might have something to do with location services in the app so have disabled this as well. 

the app has updated twice in the last 2 days but I can’t find a change log anywhere, hoping it has a fix for the way connect uses Bluetooth but we shall see.