This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Plus : Battery Drain Issue!

SW version: 6.11
(It's an up-to-date version in Thailand)
27 Jan 2022
[Sleep =7 hr (Battery Drain: 2% per hour)]
11pm: 100%
6am: 87%
DND:On (10pm-6am)
Always on:Off
Gesture:Off
SpO2:off
Move IQ:off
Display brightness: low
Bluetooth: always connect to my phone
Notification: 10
Watch Face: Stock / no motion
Heart rate: on(auto)
Physio TrueUp:on
[Run/Walk Outdoor with GPS = 36min (Battery Drain: 13% per hour)]
6.00am: 87%
6.36am: 79%
Bluetooth: on (headphone only/Spotify Music)
GPS: On
Data Recording: Smart
Gesture: On
Display brightness: low/auto
Heart Rate: On
[Sit indoor / No activity = 2hr (Battery Drain: 2% per hour)]
11.45am: 73%
01.45pm: 69%
Always on:Off
Gesture:On (Short Timeout)
SpO2:off
Move IQ / Move Alert:On
Display brightness: low / auto
Bluetooth: always connect to my phone (no music)
Notification: 20
Phone Call: 1 Call (10sec.)
Watch Face: Stock / no motion (show: Battery%, Time(HH:MM), Day/Date and Black background)
Heart rate: on(auto)
Physio TrueUp:on
[At this rate, I could expect only 43 hours from my normal usage.]
Refer to Venu 2 Plus Battery Life Expectation, my watch is 5 times lag behind Garmin's estimates.
[Note: I did "Reset: Delete Data and Reset Settings" before repoarting this issue; but the reult is still the same.]

Top Replies

All Replies

• Kudo's for your patience. I was fed up with feeling like a beta tester and not enjoying my new watch. I was also constantly checking the battery and didn't use it in a normal way. I've sent it back yesterday. Maybe I'll buy a Samsung Watch now for half the price and come back to Garmin for the (hopefully improved) Venu 3 Plus. ;-) I do really hope the issues wil be solved and you'll be able to finally enjoy it. Good luck!

• *sigh* Yes. I've tried to be patient and meticulous with details as I know that many issues that come to customer support tend to be based around the user not following set up, or through user misunderstanding of the device parameters.

I am now at the point where I'm seriously considering getting a refund and moving on from Garmin. Which truly is too bad as I am a loyal customer with multiple garmin products and part of why I got the V2+ was to keep things in the garmin ecosystem. Soon I'll need a new bike computer so I'm at a place where moving on can be made.

I feel like I've become an accidental unpaid employee of Garmin as a beta tester. I've now spent hours manually logging watch performance and trying various trouble shooting strategies. I asked Eric if I was due any compensation and was only given a small discount that I can't even use as it's smaller than the current discount my work has with Garmin products (and you can't stack them).

———

I can also report that it does not appear that the software update helps. I wait to see if has any thoughts.

—18 Feb

217a:    55%
    737a:    45%
    815a:    44%; DND off
    1006a:    40%
    1040a:    Chat opened with Eric
    1107a:     38%; Software updated to 8.12; power cycled
    1136a:    37%
    1225p:    33% — 8.12 seems to have no effect on drain
    124p:    29%

• All,

We believe that the update to 8.12 software contains significant improvements for battery life.  Please be sure to remove all Connect IQ content from your watch, update your watch to 8.12 and let us know if you are still experiencing any battery drain issues.

Connect IQ Store App: How to Uninstall App Content

How to Uninstall Connect IQ Content Using Garmin Express

How to Uninstall Connect IQ Content Using the Garmin Connect App

• Hi Kevin, I've not added any IQ apps since the initial reset.

And yes, batt is still draining.

—18 Feb

737a:    45%
    815a:    44%; DND off
    1006a:    40%
    1040a:    Chat opened with Eric
    1136a:    37%
    1225p:    33% — 8.12 seems to have no effect on drain
    124p:    29%
    257p:    23%

• I am also having severe battery Drain issues.

Was 100% at 11:00pm Feb 17, and Feb 18 at 5:30 I am at 25%.

The first time I powered it on I got 8 days. Charged it, It did 2 over the air updates. And now battery doesn't last a full 24 hours at this rate.

Everything is off and I have not used GPS or any activity's as yet.

It is basically out of the box with all factory settings unchanged besides changing units.

• HI All,

I think I have solved my battery drain issue. I went into my list of blue tooth connect devices(on my phone), found my watch in the list, went into the device details and made sure "phone calls" was selected.  This was the only change I made. My battery life seems to have returned only dropping 3% in the last 10 hours.  Where as last night it dropped 39% in 11 hours.

I had turned that setting off originally because I was having troubles with my watch taking over phone calls while connected to my car.

Hope this helps someone.

• Good morning,

It's been three days since the update to 8.12 and not only has it not helped, the problem has gotten worse.

In previous high batter drain periods I was getting approx 2 days of batt life. Since the update I'm now getting less than 1 day.

I am no longer confident that this problem will be resolved as it has consistently reappeared using software versions v7.37, v7.40, and v8.12.

Out of curiousity I turned on All Day SpO2 yesterday (and kept it on), as I began a 2.5 hour GPS hike and interestingly it did not change the battery drain. So it seems that no matter what settings are on or off the watch is just using max power all the time. 

-------

18 Feb

257p:    23%; turned off, recharged on Express—> Express had an update (for itself), I did that and found my watch not there, I tried to add it and it couldn’t be found; unplugged and tried again (305pm) this time it worked
    410p:     100%, when I tried to eject from the watch it asked if I wanted to install an update (strange as I had already installed it before), I selected yes. When complete message on watch read: “WiFi software updated”. Unplugged (413p), power cycled.
    932p:    83%; DND on

19 Feb

813a:    41%; DND off
    1239p:    22%; turned OFF to recharge
    207p:    100%; power cycled
    1015p:    71%; DND ON

20 Feb

901a:    28%; plugged in to charge, powered off
    957a:    unplugged, turned ON, 96% charged
    - Hike/GPS: (first time recording on GPS in over a week)
    - turned ON All Day SpO2
    1243p:    80% (surprisingly low drain after GPS use)
    758p:    51%; DND ON

21 Feb

8a:    1%; plugged in to charge, powered off

-------

This watch is headed back for a refund. I need to now figure out what to replace it with. I'm open to suggestions.

• Ok. Same issue here now. Lost 30% whilst asleep. Seems to have started after the last software update for me. Unacceptable performance, having to charge daily.

• Same issue here happening after I installed the latest software. Before this I got 5-6 days out of a single charge, now I'm getting one, one and a half days...not good...