This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Time based round in custom activity does proceed after time passes

I'm new to the Garmin ecosystem so my apologies if this question seems silly, but I'm running into a usability issue that I can't seem to get around.

I've created a new workout (copied an existing HIIT activity actually) that consists of the following:

1) Jog step for 12 minutes as warmup

2) A 10:00 minute AMRAP-round consisting of 5 steps with counters

3) A 5-time repeat round consisting of 2 steps (a counted activity and a time-based rest)

Now when I start this workout on my Venu 2 Plus it will correctly start the timer for the 12 minute workout after which it'll start the 10 minute AMRAP-round counter. During this AMRAP counter I can go to the next exercise by pressing the bottom right button on the watch. 

My problem is that it never leaves the 10 minute AMRAP. After the 10 minutes have passed, I would expect it to proceed to the 5-time repeat round, but it doesn't. It just goes back to the Push Ups (the first step of the AMRAP).

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is there something else going on?

Thanks in advance.

• Hello! So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
    4. When you built/copied the workout, did you classify it as type "HIIT" or "Custom"?
    5. What activity profile are you using to run the workout?
    6. What path/process do you take to access and run the workout on the watch?
  • Hello Kevin,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. The Netherlands
    4. I copied the existing "10-Minute Body Weight AMRAP" workout which is activity type HIIT and changed the name to "AMRAP with warmup & abs". In Garmin Connect this new workout is classified as "HIIT".
    5. I use the HIIT workout to run the workout
    6. On the watch I choose
      1. HIIT
      2. then the three dots ...
      3. then Workouts
      4. then the "AMRAP with warmup & abs" workout
      5. then I hit start (the top left button)
      6. the 12 minute warmup starts
      7. after the 12 minute warmup the watch will start the 10 minute round and display Pushups 0/5
      8. I do the pushups (the pushups are difficult to detect so the counter doesn't always work)
      9. I hit the lower right button when I'm done with the exercise
      10. the next exercise will show (burpies in this case)
      11. steps h, i and j repeat indefinitely where I'd expect it to stop after 10 minutes. I've found no way to get to the abs round that follows the 10 minute AMRAP round that started at stap g

I hope this clarifies how I'm using the app and watch. If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know.

Thanks again.

Robert

• All,

These reports have been resolved with software version 9.17.  If you are experiencing this after installing sw 9.17, please start a new thread.