This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Lily keeps on vibrating

My Garmin Lily wouldn't stop vibrating this morning.

This has happened several times since I bought the watch in late 2020. It happens when there's a notification on the screen telling me that my watch needs a system update, and I haven't cleared the notification before the alarm starts. I wake up to a vibrating watch with a 'There's a system update blah blah' message and I tap my watch to make it go away. The message goes away, but the alarm doesn't pop up afterwards for me to clear it. No alarm to clear - no way to stop the incessant buzzing. Turning off the 8am alarm doesn't work, neither does changing the alert vibration to 'off' in the system settings menu on the watch itself. The first time it happened I stopped it by doing a factory reset on the watch. I don't know if the charger would have worked, I didn't have it with me at the time. The next couple of times it's happened (including today), I've stopped it by charging the watch. The buzzing stops as soon as I put the watch on the charger, it doesn't need to charge for any length of time.

Here is a YouTube video of the behaviour (please excuse my cat requesting her breakfast) 

https://youtu.be/aTPB2WqoAl4 

to answer the questions you posted in a previous thread about this problem,

1. Yes, definitely. Please absolutely feel free to email me about this issue. I am happy to give you more detailed information about the problem.

2. If it is necessary you may access the information in my Garmin account that you need in order to resolve this issue.

3. Australia

4. Answered above. Brief answer - an uncleared system update notification followed by an alarm. The watch screen displays whatever I tell it to, completely as normal. What ISN'T displayed on the screen is the alarm for me to clear it.

5. YouTube video included above and here also for reference: https://youtu.be/aTPB2WqoAl4 

P.S.

I assume the 'vibration after system update notification' issue will probably take some time to debug, but in the mean time here's a potential quick qol workaround outlined in pseudocode for you. (This would allow the users to stop the incessant vibration themselves without having to charge the watch. It wouldn't prevent it from happening.):

It seems to me that you're using some variables that I'm going to name IS_VIBRATING_NOW and CAN_VIBRATE_IN_FUTURE.

Currently we see something like:

IF(ALERT_VIBRATION) = "OFF"

CAN_VIBRATE_IN_FUTURE = "FALSE"

END

What would be allow users to end the vibration themselves when it occurs *without having to charge the watch* is adding another line:

IF(ALERT_VIBRATION) = "OFF"

IS_VIBRATING_NOW = "FALSE"

END

P.P.S.

It's not a bug but while you're mucking about with the vibration anyway, for qol I'd love it if you could also add another line to this one. (I'm happy to make a separate post about it if you need the post to create the job ticket. Just let me know.)

IF(ON_CHARGER) = "TRUE"

IS_VIBRATING_NOW = "FALSE"

END

so that we have

IF(ON_CHARGER) = "TRUE"

IS_VIBRATING_NOW = "FALSE"

END

because it's really annoying to have a watch buzzing away on the charger when your hands are busy with another task and you can't stop it. If I'm not wearing the watch I'm not relying on it for alarms.