This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

So I just bought a Lily for my mum, she got it yesterday. She just texted me to say that her watch keeps saying 'phone connected' then 'phone disconnected' intermittently, while her phone is on, next to her, with bluetooth on.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so what was the fix?
I'm getting her to check the versions of firmware and bluetooth running - she's in a different country to me so I can't check it myself...

• Hi there! Can you have her download Garmin Express to the computer and plug the device into the computer and sync. Once that is finished, follow the directions from either iPhone or Android.

IPHONE 

• Open the Garmin Connect Mobile App,
    • Tap more on the bottom right, then tap Garmin devices
    • Tap on the device name
    • Tap the 3 dots on the upper right-hand corner and select remove. Close the app
    • Open the iPhone settings, go to Bluetooth
    • Tap the i icon next to the name and select forget the device.
    • Power phone completely down then turn it back on
    • While phone is turning on, please put the device in pair mode by going to the settings on the watch then phone, Bluetooth, pair smart phone
    • Open the Garmin Connect mobile app and add device

ANDROID

• Open the Garmin Connect Mobile app,
    • Select the 3 BARS at the top left corner, then tap Garmin devices
    • Tap on the device name
    • Tap the 3 dots on the upper right-hand corner and select remove.
    • Open the Android phone settings
    • Look for app/application manager and select it
    • Tap on connect > storage > clear cache.
    • Power Phone completely down and then turn it back on
    • While phone is turning on, please put the device in pair mode by going to the settings on the watch then phone, Bluetooth, pair smart phone
    • Open the Garmin Connect mobile app and add device
  • Thank you Amber, I'll ask her to try. We did confirm that her software is very out of date and the dropping connection has prevented the software update from being sent from her phone to watch.

I've asked her to use GarminExpress this evening as a more stable way of uploading the new software to her Lily, and also found other bluetooth related posts here for other Garmin Models suggesting clearing the bluetooth cache, which seems to have worked for some. I've asked her to do that too. Will let you know if that all worked - both the Lily software and bluetooth firmware are rather out of date it seems

• That could do it! Make sure everything is up to date and let me know! 

• Software just been updated, bluetooth still on 2.30 but we're working on that

• Great to hear! Glad its working!

• Can I get clarification please?  My 2 week old Lily is turning out to be a huge pain.  The bluetooth simply stopped syncing.  So, I downloaded Express to my computer, however Express doesn't even seem to show or support the Lily so it doesn't find the device when plugged in.  My computer finds the device but your Garmin Express software on my laptop doesn't.  My Garmin just keep triggering a never ending bluetooth pairing loop on my iphone.  And now it won't even tell time correctly.  It's losing battery and it's losing time during the day. It won't sync to my Connect App on my iphone anymore.  I've done the "forget this device" on the bluetooth.  I reinstall it and it does the same thing over and over. My phone prompts for the pairing code and the lily wont display the code.    This thing is 2 weeks old. Help.

• This did not work for me. I followed it step by step and still anytime I close the Garmin app on my phone the watch says phone disconnected. Why is this happening !

• Please install or update Garmin Express:

How Do I Install Garmin Express?

Updating the Garmin Express Application Software

Next, sync your watch with Garmin Express.

Once you sync with Garmin Express, be sure to update your Garmin Connect mobile app:

Installing, Updating and Uninstalling the Garmin Connect App

If you have an iOS device paired to your Lily watch, please review the FAQ below:

Features That Stop Working When the Garmin Connect App Is Closed on iOS Devices

If this does not fix your issue, please reach out to your local Garmin Product Support Team.

• I did this and it still continuously disconnect and I have to forget the device and reconnect only to reprogram all my settings over and over again. ALSO, now I keep getting a notification saying "Synch Failed- Not enough space". I don't understand how my ancient fitbit charge 2 is more reliable then this device. So disappointed.