This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lily screen issue during activity tracking.

Former Member
Former Member

When activity tracking my Lily screen switches off- raising arm/tapping screen doesn’t help. 

For example, today I went for a bike ride and turned on activity tracking on the watch. After less than 10 minutes my screen switched off. I thought it must be a battery issue (even though watch was fully charged) . However 5 minutes after returning home a notification of my activity summary displayed on the watch - so it had been tracking all along but I was unable to activate the screen until this point.

ideally I want to be able to view my watch face even during activities. Is there a reason why I couldn’t do this? 

Many thanks

• When activity tracking my Lily screen switches off- raising arm/tapping screen doesn’t help. 

For example, today I went for a bike ride and turned on activity tracking on the watch. After less than 10 minutes my screen switched off. I thought it must be a battery issue (even though watch was fully charged) . However 5 minutes after returning home a notification of my activity summary displayed on the watch - so it had been tracking all along but I was unable to activate the screen until this point.

ideally I want to be able to view my watch face even during activities. Is there a reason why I couldn’t do this? 

Many thanks

Hello! Do you have the Gesture setting turned to "On" or "Only During Activity"? Also, what is the gesture sensitivity and timeout turned to on the watch?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Garmin-Isabella

Hello, it was turned to “on” . The gesture sensitivity was on low - (as it alerts you that having it on higher will affect battery life) but would think the screen should still switch on when tapping the screen? Which it wouldn’t.

Timeout was also on short - but again I thought tapping the screen should activate the watch?

Thanks

• Hello, it was turned to “on” . The gesture sensitivity was on low - (as it alerts you that having it on higher will affect battery life) but would think the screen should still switch on when tapping the screen? Which it wouldn’t.

Timeout was also on short - but again I thought tapping the screen should activate the watch?

Thanks

Yes it should. Does this happen every time you record an activity? If so, could you post a short video of this happening with a test activity?

• Former Member

Hello, I have already returned one Lilly watch as this happened when on a walk activity. Then it happened when cycling. This is now happening on the new watch too when cycling (it tried it with GPS off the last time in case this was a reason for It happening but still happened) . Sometimes it will work ok for a while so not sure if I will be able to get a video, however the screen just simply won’t activate even when double tapping the screen when in activity sometimes. This is the second Lilly I have had and it’s happened with both. 

Is this a fault with the watch? As if so I will return. 

Thanks

• Hello, I have already returned one Lilly watch as this happened when on a walk activity. Then it happened when cycling. This is now happening on the new watch too when cycling (it tried it with GPS off the last time in case this was a reason for It happening but still happened) . Sometimes it will work ok for a while so not sure if I will be able to get a video, however the screen just simply won’t activate even when double tapping the screen when in activity sometimes. This is the second Lilly I have had and it’s happened with both. 

Is this a fault with the watch? As if so I will return. 

Thanks

Is the watch display responsive to taps/gestures fine outside of an activity?

• Former Member

Hi,

Yes the watch works perfectly outside of activity. Sometimes it works fine during activity but only for a short time usually. 

For example when on a bike ride earlier this week, the watch became unresponsive. However once I got home the watch must have recognised I wasn’t exercising anymore and brought up an activity notification on the watch. This was about an hour after it had become unresponsive.

many thanks 

• Hi,

Yes the watch works perfectly outside of activity. Sometimes it works fine during activity but only for a short time usually. 

For example when on a bike ride earlier this week, the watch became unresponsive. However once I got home the watch must have recognised I wasn’t exercising anymore and brought up an activity notification on the watch. This was about an hour after it had become unresponsive.

many thanks 

Would it be okay if I emailed you from Garmin to get some additional information?

• Former Member

Yes no problem. 

• Yes no problem.

Okay awesome, just sent you an email!

• Having the same issue (and just updated an earlier post about this problem). Please share solution if there is one. Thanks.