This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery life survey

Hi all

my girlfriend Lily battery lify is a nightmare, here belo my setting. In this use case battery life is no more than 1 day

- heartrate = no

- bluetooh = yes

- Timout = short

- Vibration = short

- pulsox = no

My question is simple, this is accettable?

• My settings are the same and yes - the battery lasts only a day Sob

It is impossible to turn off gesture mode - screen stays idle during every activity. I have found that the only way to prolong the battery life is to turn off all activity tracking, but then it can't really be called a fitness tracker.

It's really sad as the watch is beautiful and comfortable, but the setting issue ruins everything about it.

• Hello! Can you plug the device into the computer and sync with Garmin Express to be sure all updates have gone through. Are you charging through the wall or computer? 

• All updates have gone through, currently running on the latest version. Charging through wall or PC made no difference. Brightness, vibration set to lowest and Pulse Ox is off, notifications limited to texts and e-mails only.

There shouldn't really be a need to turn off most functions to reach the promised battery life. Lily is an absolutely great idea, but so poorly executed.

The gesture mode really needs fixed as the screen wakes up even on DND mode. Setting gesture mode to off does nothing either.

• Totally agreed,  no difference if charging on pc or wall, latest release via GC alreafy done.

No way, great idea as a product, but same nightmare for software.

• I also see that If You leave the plug to charge the battey, when it finish they stopped charging so ie if you insert it at night probably the morning after the battery won't be at 100% because it charges at 100% and after some hours it starts draining the battery.

• Same issue, getting 24 hours max with mine.  On the latest software, pulseox turned off.  Trying a hard reset now.  

• I saw a comment a week or two back about charging for 4 hours, so tried that with mine this past Friday. Now being Tuesday, it's just shy of 4 days since that charge (took it off charge at 1pm on Friday and now 10am Tuesday, for context), and my battery is at 50%

Now full disclosure: I've had my Lily for a few weeks now and have gotten as little as a single day (+- 24hr) when MoveIQ is on and I go for a very long walk - 3-4 hours; average about 3 days usually (moveIQ off, pulseox off but take manual readings daily), but after the 4-hour charge last week I noticed a very definite difference, so will do that for the next few charges (rather than - oh alert that battery is fully charged let me take you off charge and put you back on my wrist) and see if this is consistent.

My settings:
    Heart rate - on
    Bluetooth - on (and notifications on for messages only, no other apps, I just don't like the spam)
    Move alert - on
    MoveIQ - off (don' like it picking up false activities like eliptical...)
    Timeout - long
    Vibration - short
    PulseOx - off (haven't taken a manual read in 8 days, I know that's a big battery drain)

I don't use my Lily to run - I have a Forerunner 935 for running, used it for years and the Lily will never replace it, but love it as a daily-wear watch and activity tracker for steps, breathing, stress monitoring, 24/7 HR, etc