This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to turn off gestures

I seem to have the opposite problem of everyone else. I actually want to turn off the gesture and just be able to tap on the watch to turn it on but no matter what I do it doesn't work. Any little bump turns the watch on, and my battery is only lasting about two days. I have everything else off so there's no reason for it to be draining so quickly.

• Hello! Can you sync the device with Garmin Express on the computer then change the settings via web and tell me if there is any difference after syncing. If not, can you reset your device to defaults and charge through the computer and tell me if there is a difference on the battery life?

• So I did what you suggested and the battery life is much better on second and third charges, but gestures still don't stay off. I use a mobility scooters so every time I'm on the sidewalk and it's bumpy, my watch turns on and it drains the battery by 30%. If I don't go anywhere and just stay home then I have no issue. But I'm not nearly getting 5 days oh charge. More like two.

• Hi! I have the same issue. Initially I set the gesture mode to only turn on when doing activities, but that didn't work as it still turns on even when I'm not doing any activities (automatic activity detection is also turned off). So I turned off the gesture mode completely to save battery life but the watch still turns on even when just washing my hands! How do I fix this? 

• I went through the troubleshooting process with Garmin and sadly there is no fix to this. All they did was offer a replacement. I returned my watch to the retailer since I had only had for a week. Bought another and it has the exact same issue. Such a shame because I like this watch a lot, but the gesture issue kills battery in less that a day therefore not worth keeping it.

• Aww that's too bad. Unfortunately I can't return mine because there aren't any return rules from where I bought it. I really like it too, though! Thankfully this is my only issue so far and I haven't experienced any of the issues posted by other users. So far, I'm still liking it. I hope they release a software update that fixes this soon.