This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lily Body Battery Stuck at 5%

I've had the Lily smartwatch for just over a week now.  The first 2 days, the body battery would register/charge my rest and sleep.  Then suddenly it would show very high-stress readings (even during meditation, breathing exercises, and deeply restful moments).  The body battery at that point sticks at 5%, with no charges or depletions (even with exercise).  I did a factory reset which seemed to make everything work again, showing charging at rest, normal stress levels, and charging/depletion of the body battery.  Now it is doing the same, showing 5% body battery, not charging at all during sleep, not registering restful moments.  Also, the respiration rate always shows the same number, even when doing long stretches of HRV breathing exercises at 5.5 or 6 breaths per minute.  The only time it registers a different respiration rate is when I perform the watch's breathwork activity.  Is there a fix for these issues other than factory resetting every other day?

• Hello! I just wanted to reach out and have you wear your watch a minimum of 7 days without any resets then report back with how the data is still showing.  

• Thank you AmberD.  So here is the update- it has been 7 days since the reset.  For 2 days after the reset, it would measure my rest and the body battery charged.  Then suddenly the stress level shot up from rest to high (during sleep?) and hasn't budged since.  The body battery has been stuck at 5 since that time, only moving up/down 2-4 even with deep rest and exercise.  For fun, I had my husband and both children wear the watch and the stress readings remained high for all of them.  I did workouts, battery did not drain.  Finally, the watch ran out of battery then I recharged it.  After the recharge, the body battery went back up to 32, but now it is stuck at 5 again.  It seems very glitchy.  It is really hard to wake up at times, hardly ever when I move my wrist.  Gesture sensitivity is set to high.  Even when double-tapping the screen it does not wake at times.  It will get stuck randomly and not respond to swiping gestures on the activity screen.  The pulse ox measurements will randomly work and then not work overnight, and are very off compared to another device.  I am running version 3.20. The good news is the watch is beautiful!  I just wish it would work as advertised.

• I am now experiencing similar things. It's not 5 at the moment, the classic Garmin SW problem number for BB. But I slept good and BB only moved around 10 from 17 to 27. Long and quite good sleep. Feel rested. BB has decreased in charging from day to day. But I feel quite good. I believe in the next few days it will stuck at 5 too. Strange, but unfortunately a common problem with the whole Garmin lineup, most of the time a hardreset was the only solution. I had it once or twice with Fenix lineup and had to reset the device. 

EDIT: 6h later and I am also stuck at 5%. Doesn't charge up, even though I am chilling. Normally always does. Latest update and owning the watch for about a week. Had the same problem at the beginning of the Fenix 6 cycle. 

This is no HW issue as almost every model of Garmin has problems with this. And it is nice that Garmin is writing here but to me those answers are all about calming the user down without actually solving the problem. 5% BB is a problem since it was introduced years ago. Not all the time and not with every device out there but many users through the whole lineup report problems with this. Just search for Body Battery and anywhere on this forum. BB stuck at 5 with every lineup. Of course not every device. But we can't even do a softreset like on other devices. We would ne to reset the watch completely every time. Annoying. I think I have to send it back and look at it again when SW is a little matured and some updates solve the problems (touch not reacting, BB stuck at 5%, sometimes no wrist movement detection etc.). 

• Thank you AmberD.  So here is the update- it has been 7 days since the reset.  For 2 days after the reset, it would measure my rest and the body battery charged.  Then suddenly the stress level shot up from rest to high (during sleep?) and hasn't budged since.  The body battery has been stuck at 5 since that time, only moving up/down 2-4 even with deep rest and exercise.  For fun, I had my husband and both children wear the watch and the stress readings remained high for all of them.  I did workouts, battery did not drain.  Finally, the watch ran out of battery then I recharged it.  After the recharge, the body battery went back up to 32, but now it is stuck at 5 again.  It seems very glitchy.  It is really hard to wake up at times, hardly ever when I move my wrist.  Gesture sensitivity is set to high.  Even when double-tapping the screen it does not wake at times.  It will get stuck randomly and not respond to swiping gestures on the activity screen.  The pulse ox measurements will randomly work and then not work overnight, and are very off compared to another device.  I am running version 3.20. The good news is the watch is beautiful!  I just wish it would work as advertised.

Thank you for trying the steps. At this point this device needs to be exchanged. Are you by chance in the US or CAD?

• I am now experiencing similar things. It's not 5 at the moment, the classic Garmin SW problem number for BB. But I slept good and BB only moved around 10 from 17 to 27. Long and quite good sleep. Feel rested. BB has decreased in charging from day to day. But I feel quite good. I believe in the next few days it will stuck at 5 too. Strange, but unfortunately a common problem with the whole Garmin lineup, most of the time a hardreset was the only solution. I had it once or twice with Fenix lineup and had to reset the device. 

EDIT: 6h later and I am also stuck at 5%. Doesn't charge up, even though I am chilling. Normally always does. Latest update and owning the watch for about a week. Had the same problem at the beginning of the Fenix 6 cycle. 

This is no HW issue as almost every model of Garmin has problems with this. And it is nice that Garmin is writing here but to me those answers are all about calming the user down without actually solving the problem. 5% BB is a problem since it was introduced years ago. Not all the time and not with every device out there but many users through the whole lineup report problems with this. Just search for Body Battery and anywhere on this forum. BB stuck at 5 with every lineup. Of course not every device. But we can't even do a softreset like on other devices. We would ne to reset the watch completely every time. Annoying. I think I have to send it back and look at it again when SW is a little matured and some updates solve the problems (touch not reacting, BB stuck at 5%, sometimes no wrist movement detection etc.). 

HI there! I am sorry for your experience with this device so far. Can you tell me if you are located in the US or CAD? I would like to get this resolved if so. 

• Yes, I am in the US.  Thank you for your help.

• I also have the body battery issue. I have had the watch two weeks and it's went to 10 once.

• Hi I'm also having the same problem. I've worn my Lily watch for 3.5 weeks and body battery is always stuck at 5 with no drain or charge. 

• Hi all. I bought a Lily at the end of September. All seemed ok until about 3 weeks ago, when my body battery stuck at 5. Before that it charged and drained and appeared normal. When I sleep, the stress level is either high or unmeasurable. I'm not too happy that a known issue is still happening in new watches. I'm in Ireland.

• I too recently bought one and am having the same issue. Got up to 13 once in the first week then stuck at 5! I am in Australia