Lily 2 Active software

Could the original Lily 2 get software features from the Active like HRV? I understand the GPS is hardware based, but they both share ELEVATE V4 sensors so surely that could be implemented.

I bought my partner the Lily 2 as a present less than 2 weeks ago so its mildly frustrating to see the Active announced Sweat smile

• I wasn't even aware of the active version until I saw your post. I also find this frustrating and disappointing that the active version wasn't launched (or at least announced) at the same time as the other Lily 2 models instead of offering a greatly improved Lily 2 model just 10 months later - I figured they might offer some new color combinations if I waited, but not a completely different model with so many more features. The active version should have just been the Lily 2 since the other versions of the Lily 2 did not really offer much over the original Lily. My Lily 2 is outside of the return period, but you might be able to return your wife's considering the circumstances. 

• I don't know if we can return it as she has opened and worn it. It is still in pristine condition but we bought from a third party retail chain so it will depend on their return policy. It might be worth a shot though.

I agree with you, it was strange to me having the Lily 2 receive an upgrade not even the next year after it's initial release. Maybe in 3 months we'll get the Lily 2 Active Pro with music Joy

Jokes aside, we will probably wait and look for rumours of a Lily 3. If they included Elevate 5 in the next iteration, I would upgrade my partner to that for the ECG capabilities, and skin temp tracking.

• Yeah, it's also silly that they are calling it the "active" model when there is already a "sport" model - would have at least felt better if they called it "Plus" model with a significantly higher price point than the other models. I think most stores would allow you to return it, but I think some have 2 week return policies on electronics, so definitely would need to check with the store. Not sure if you saw the DC rainmaker review, but there's a pretty long list of upgrades with the active. It might not be worth it though if she doesn't need any of those features. I personally would have used the heart rate broadcasting and several of the other features would have be nice to have. 

• the GPS, HRV, nap detection, battery life and garmin pay (we got the standard not classic) are the main features my partner sees in making the upgrade worth it. i'll go to the retail store with her and demonstrate the watch's perfect condition as well as explain the situation. i've been a customer of theirs for all but one of my garmin products as well as in general for about 8 years, so i'm hoping to try get somewhere