This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect App not finding Index

It seems this conversation is very common, however, I am not finding anything that pertains to my specific situation.

Upgraded my wifi network recently with the eero mesh wifi. Love it by the way, if anyone is looking.

Went through and reconnected all of my home wifi devices. I didn't change the SSID, so there was a lot of "forget network" steps. Also, the eero does not let you select the private network, so I had to adjust everything from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.4.x. Not a big deal.

Unfortunately, the Index is the only device giving me a problem The mobile app just doesn't want to see it.

I've removed it from my account, pulled the batteries for fresh ones, restarted the Connect app, restarted my mobile device, leaned on the reset button on the bottom of the Index.

What remains is a mobile device that cannot find the Index and an Index with a Wrench symbol and a flashing wifi symbol. No ANT+ or Bluetooth symbols.

All feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance!

• I also recently upgraded to eero and had to reset my scale's Wi-Fi. I was having some trouble and eventually disabled all of the "eero Secure" features under the Discover tab of the app. I'm not 100% sure if this or some other change I made was what did it, but it's working for me now. Worth a shot?

• I could not get past the wrench and display would not turn off.  Had to work around the issue on eero mesh by creating a hotspot on cell connecting the index to that then on completion, turning hotspot off.  So no wifi ability.  Now just a expensive scale.

• Did you get Index working with eero? I opted not to disable eero Secure because I’m paying for that. I added a guest network to my eero config. In the eero app just go to Settings and turn Guest Access on. The eero guest network uses Google DNS by default. Then reconfigure the Index to use the guest network. This works for me. I haven’t seen any downside. 

• When it is stuck on Wrench with flashing Network icon, my scale will only go into Bluetooth pairing mode reliably after battery removal. I remove a single battery and stick the battery back in. During power up after the firmware version displays an O shaped icon will display. Hit the reset button once. I don’t think you need to hold it. This causes my scale to go into Bluetooth/Ant pairing mode with the flashing B with wrench icon.  Best of luck!

• This worked for me.  Thank you for the information. This is probably the easiest work around when dealing with eero. 

• So what do you connect with over bluetooth/Ant...your cell phone? It's just unexceptble there is no workround for Garmin with eero6. 

• You first need to pair the scale with a phone using Bluetooth in order to add it to your home network. I’ve been using the scale on my eero guest network for 8 months now with no hiccups. 

• what are the steps first to pair the index scale to bluetooth? Then how do you pair any blustooth to eero? The eero app

on my mobile phone sees the phone over wi fi but how does that help pair the scale to eero? Neither step seems obvious.

• I believe I have the same problem as described above:

"I've removed it from my account, pulled the batteries for fresh ones, restarted the Connect app, restarted my mobile device, leaned on the reset button on the bottom of the Index.

What remains is a mobile device that cannot find the Index and an Index with a Wrench symbol and a flashing wifi symbol. No ANT+ or Bluetooth symbols."

I can't pair the scale with the app. Any ideas on how to get pass this first problem?

• Hi Ludmilakc and 3145477 when scale is stuck and doesn’t pair text below is what I did. I think the timing of the reset button press during display of O icon is critical.  If it doesn’t work on your scale I think you will need to call Garmin.

When it is stuck on Wrench with flashing Network icon, my scale will only go into Bluetooth pairing mode reliably after battery removal. I remove a single battery and stick the battery back in. During power up after the firmware version displays an O shaped icon will display. Hit the reset button once. I don’t think you need to hold it. This causes my scale to go into Bluetooth/Ant pairing mode with the flashing B with wrench icon.