This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WiFi and Connection issues

Hi...
I bought the Index a couple weeks ago.
First Impression - great.
Finally a scale that works with WLAN and the Garmin Portal.

After 3 days, it had a Problem finding my Router mornings, blinking, searching for the router.
I used my cell phone and checked the WLAN Configuration, everything was ok...exited the Settings and stepped on the scale again, the Scale worked fine.

3 days later the Same Problem, no internet connection...
Again i had to enter the Scales WLAN Configuration and exit the configuration (without changing anything) to get the scale to find the Internet.

2 Days Later...the same story
I tried the changing the Security settings (switched from WPA/WPA2 to just WPA2) in mey Router, still losing connection after 2-3 days of use.
I tried to use a different Access Point (Devolo WLAN 1200+), the Connection was lost the next day! Woke up, stepped on the scale and no internet. No Sync - even though i Setup the Devolo Access point the nicht before. the Access point works fine, my Cell Phone ist connected as well.

is this a Software Problem?
Anyone else having this problem?
The Scale is direct under my router, and the Devolo Access point was also an arm lenght away! Still losing the connection and no Syncing with the Portal

Anyone got this thing to work all the time?
Or am I missing a step in the Configuration.

Can anyone give me a tip?

Tim
  • Seems like I encounter the same issue.

The WIFI symbol shows that it is connected, but the arrows ( >>>>> ) do not appear. After resetting the scale, it works again. But today it didn't upload again.
  • I got a little feed up with this issue...

I opened a Ticket today with the German Support Service...
    At lease I am not the only one now having this Problem.

My Ticket was sent to the Development team, supposedly...

Tim
  • the same problem for me... wifi blinking, but not connecting...
  • Occasionally happens me too, but then the next day all the missed data gets uploaded as well. Cannot figure the reason.
  • Rma

Well after another week of endless testing, i sent my scale in to Rep, Service.
    An Exchange was not possible, even though i just bought it in January, and I bought it from Garmin Directly!

Tuesday it reached Garmin according to the Postal Service...
    Still waiting for Information...
    In Twitter, the German Garmin Rep. told me the turn around time is 1-2 day...
    that means I should get some info Today...

Tim
  • Update:

My Scale came back Yesterday.
    It was not Repaired, they Changed it out completly.
    I Set it up right away and made the first measurement.

This morning, no Wifi found!!!!!

I changed the Wifi access point to a different one (from the Router to a Devolo Access Point - just 2,4GHz).
    See what happens tomorrow Morning!

At the moment, I am not amused! I had a Fitbit Aria on the Same spot for 18 Months with not one Problem!

Garmin, If your reading this, it might be time for a Software Update! The WIFI Adapter sucks a little!

Tim
  • Same Story

This Morning was the same sad Story!
    Stepped on the scale, no WLAN.

At least my old Scale held the settings for 3-4 Days, this one not even 24 Hours. BAD MOVE SUPPORT!
    I Just called support (Germany) again. They are sorry and offered to exchange it again....
    This is a Software Problem! Get it right!
    After requesting a Support, I was told more People are also having this Problem, the Developers are aware of it and are working on a solution.....So I was told!

I am using the Firmware 2.50 right now - what versions are you running?

Garmin, please, if your reading this, FIX the Scale!

Tim
  • And again today the Scale had to be setup again.
    the WLAN just was nocht found!

I tried something new today. I setup a Guest Account with a simple wpa2 Password.

Lets see if that helps!
  • Next Update,
    this morning I got on the scale and Praise the Lord, it Worked....
    Now ist the Question How Long?
    and the Second Question ist what happend, did the Guest User on the Devolo Access Point (WPA2 and Simple Password) Help?

a little afraid of tomorrow....will it work again?

After the weigh in this morning, I got a New firmware pushed to the scale.
    2.60.0.0 ist now active....

Tim
  • Again today it worked Again
    Not sure if it is due to the Guest Settings in my Router or the software Update.

If this Keeps going, I'll be happy...

Tim