This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WiFi and Connection issues

Hi...
I bought the Index a couple weeks ago.
First Impression - great.
Finally a scale that works with WLAN and the Garmin Portal.

After 3 days, it had a Problem finding my Router mornings, blinking, searching for the router.
I used my cell phone and checked the WLAN Configuration, everything was ok...exited the Settings and stepped on the scale again, the Scale worked fine.

3 days later the Same Problem, no internet connection...
Again i had to enter the Scales WLAN Configuration and exit the configuration (without changing anything) to get the scale to find the Internet.

2 Days Later...the same story
I tried the changing the Security settings (switched from WPA/WPA2 to just WPA2) in mey Router, still losing connection after 2-3 days of use.
I tried to use a different Access Point (Devolo WLAN 1200+), the Connection was lost the next day! Woke up, stepped on the scale and no internet. No Sync - even though i Setup the Devolo Access point the nicht before. the Access point works fine, my Cell Phone ist connected as well.

is this a Software Problem?
Anyone else having this problem?
The Scale is direct under my router, and the Devolo Access point was also an arm lenght away! Still losing the connection and no Syncing with the Portal

Anyone got this thing to work all the time?
Or am I missing a step in the Configuration.

Can anyone give me a tip?

Tim
  • cannot connect smart scale to wifi - constantly telling me my password is incorrect

hi all
    i have been trying to set up my smart scale for 2 days now and cannot.
    im constantly getting the message that my wifi password is incorrect - i've tried copy and paste and typing... and then changing my password on wifi to 12345678.... and still... always getting password incorrect while trying to complete the setup (on garmin connect mobile).

very very frustrating.

what ive tried,

restarting iphone... nope.
    a different iphone... nope.
    turning off the extender and joining start to router... nope.
    changing wifi password... nope.
    joining the 5ghz channel... nope.
    the 2.4ghz channel.... nope.
    changed the password protocol to wpa2+aes to wpa2+tkip+aes (only settings it will allow)... phfff..NOTHING.

im about all out of patience now... i cannot use the scale... it will not accept the wifi password.
  • Update 27 March

Morning

Sorry to say, NO Improvement to the WFIF performance
    Yesterday, no WIFI, after two days with a Stable Connection.
    The Bug is still there, Did a Complete reset yesterday and then did the Setup with an Apple Device (Normaly an Android User). Setup up the Scale and Users totaly new.
    This Morning, No WIFI Connection.

So I had to set up the WIFI connetion again...

Garmin, Please Fix this!
    Who else is having this Problem?

Tim
  • It may be a long-shot, but like the UK, I think Germany changed to Daylight Saving Time last night. There's something buried in one of the index scale posts, which suggest that the Index Scale tries to contact an NTP server before uploading and will only upload if this is successful.
    There's loads of strange things been going on with sleep tracking between my fenix3 & GCM since just before & since the DST change, where the recorded sleep times were 1 hour longer pre-DST and 1hr shorter post-DST with the sleep time start & end times differing between the GCM snapshots and sleep editor.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Do you know what firmware you're on? What kind of router?

I was having trouble getting my scale to update to 2.60 from 2.50 and ended up having to remove it from Connect and resetting the scale. Kept getting the WiFi password error. Ended up resetting the router to its default configuration...that that it was ever changed from default, but the scale connected on the next attempt.
  • Morning...

Well still the same old story...
    The Update 2.60 did not change anything!
    This Morning, AGAIN, no WIFI Connection.

Start the App, enter the scale Setting, select the WIFI Network exit the app, it works again...

This is really getting Sad!
    Is this Cheap Parts being built in the scale or just the development team sleeping?

@AMHOTDOGPARTYSAUSAGE
    no dude...this Problem has nothing to do with that, check the whole thread....
    It might be a european setting Problem...

If you are Also having this Problem, please post here to get Garmin Going on a solution!

Tim
  • .... same issue! :(

I received my Index yesterday and after a surprisingly smooth initial setup (I used WPS) I'm encountering the same issue now: The scale is working properly, but after a couple of hours it looses WiFi connection (icon blinking and no ">>>>>>>>>"...) and won't upload the data to Connect.
    Surprisingly it looks like the scale is killing my router (Deutsche Telekom Hybrid DSL (manufactured by Huawei)) as it helps to restart it. After restarting the router the Index scale is connecting properly - for at least the next measurement... But then, a couple of hours later the problem occurs again. I'll try to do the reconnect through the Garmin Connect Mobile app tonight, if the issue occurs again.

This is very frustrating!!!!

And just for the records: I'm living in Germany as well and the Index' FW is 2.60.. ;-)
  • And again the Connection was gone this morning!

@IBERND
    this is a Software or Hardware Problem in the Scale. I also have the Telekom Router and tried an AVM Fritzbox as well as a Devolo Access point und Repeater.
    No Luck
    Tried many differnt settings on the router:
    Guest Mode
    WPA
    WPA2
    Simple Password
    WPA2/Guest mode / Simple password
    Setup with an Android handy
    Setup with WPN
    Setup with an Apple iPAd
    and that on the Fritzbox as well as the devolo Access point.
    No LUCK!!!!!!!

This ist he proof for me that here is a scale problem.
    Even had the Scale changed out, and this one is even worse at keeping the settings.
    My First scale would at least hold the settings for 3 days, then poop out!

I really wish Garmin would get on the ball and release a working software or chage the scale with working hardware.
    For this Price I am very disappointed.
    My Fitbit Aria worked from day one for more than 18 Months, before a changed ist out for the Index.

Garmin HELP Please!
  • same issue

i have been fighting with my scale for the last month. I can't even get it to update the software. I am beyond frustrated.
  • Compatible Router with Garmin Index Smart Scale

Hi,

Just like the other Index Smart Scale users with WiFI problem, I have tried every possible way to resolve the Upload problem to the Garmin Connect but still failed.

When I checked the client list on my router, I found that my Asus RT-N56U treated the Index Smart Scale as an wired device for some reason, even though I used WPS to setup the wifi connection. Hence I think the problem is caused by the compatibility issue with the Router.

I would not mind to purchase a new router to resolve the problem, coz I really want to monitor my weight status and my training records on Garmin Connect. Is there a tested compatible router list for the Garmin Index Smart Scale?

If no, could someone post your router model which works perfectly with Garmin Index Smart Scale?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Ken
  • I'm using a FritzBox and it is working fine

But I noticed that some Garmin devices have problems with WLAN channels > 9
    Try to setup your WLAN Channels less than 9