Terrible product

I’m posting here to share my frustrations and hopefully get some help. I’ve had a lot of trouble with the Garmin Index S2 scale, especially with the body fat readings. After seeing other users say they wouldn’t buy this scale based on similar issues, I feel obligated to share my experience as someone who feels scammed.

Previously the scale often dropped connections and failed to upload data properly. Although I believe Garmin has fixed the upload issues with updates, it’s frustrating that while they can address these problems, they still haven’t improved the body composition accuracy. This shows they’re capable of making updates but haven’t managed to fix the poor body fat algorithm, it really shows their incompetence in this realm.

Battery life is also disappointing. Even though I use this scale less frequently than my old one, the batteries run out quickly, adding to the frustration. This doesn't sound like a big deal but it's just another frustration of using the scale and after being scammed on the body composition it begin with, it's just a slap in the face to waste money on batteries more frequently than competitors.

The worst part is how hard it is to get the scale to wake up. You basically have to stomp on it, and sometimes it turns on from vibrations like vacuuming nearby. This makes it less practical than a basic weight scale.

I’m truly puzzled by how this scale is HSA eligible with such inaccurate body composition measurements. It makes me question the criteria for that eligibility and gives hope a lawyer knowledgeable of these HSA certifications may stumble upon this forum after wasting their money.

As mentioned I felt obligated to share my experience after seeing some people actually use this forum to make purchasing decisions. Do not buy. Buy any other composition scale for far less money. Or buy a regular scale and roll a die every day for your fat %, it'd be cheaper, more fun, and less frustrating. I honestly was a fan of the Garmin ecosystem but seeing how this is handled truly makes me want to jump ship.

If anyone has found solutions to these problems or if Garmin plans to address them I'd appreciate it.