Incorrect bodyfat Index S2

I have a brand new Garmin Index S2 which I bought for the integration with GARMIN Connect.

To my great surprise the bodyfat percentage is completely off: 28% in stead of 18% on my other scale. A quick Google search shows me this has been an issue for a long time. Discussions from two years ago promising a swift fix.

The scale has the latest firmware. I found the option where you can manually input the bodyfat percentage but what good is that?

And it does not affect BMI at all. So what is the advantage from this expensive scale from using the manual input like I used to do?

So, is this device even worth trying out or keeping. I bought this device for.more reliable data and a more advanced calculation of BMI. The first experience is wrong measurement and no change to BMI. Unreliable data from the beginning is a very bad start. 

Love to hear your experiences and advice.

• Hi, I had the same problem using the garmin index S2 scale as well, where my body fat % stayed around 31%. I felt this was way off especially since my BMI is around 22 and I am fairly atheletic. So I got tested and found out that my body fat was 19% rather than 31%. I went to my index user settings on Connect and changed my activity class to 8. That alone made a big difference. I went from 31% to 20% after the change.

I hope it works for you as well.