This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fat percent and muscle readings are inaccurate

I'm really disappointed in this scale. I had a professional body composition analysis a week ago and the scale is giving me very different numbers: 28% on scale vs 17% from professional analysis for body fat and 38lbs on scale vs 56lbs from professional analysis for muscle. How do I calibrate the scale? I tried changing the activity mode and the birthday based on other postings with no luck.  So far, this device is huge disappointment. The weight seems accurate, but I could have purchased a much cheaper scale for that. My previous (and much cheaper) scale from another brand that lasted for 12 years before it died had an athlete mode that gave truer results. And it was a lot less expensive. I regret not repurchasing that brand and will never consider another Garmin product.

FYI, the control for the birthdate is ridiculous and took me 2 minutes to scroll to 1968. Do you have QA and UX people in your IT department? Please add an action item for them.

• When you had a professional body composition analysis: Fine!  Then you an put those values in the connect app! That's supposed to calibrate it. All following measurements will be based on that calibration.

Google would have told you that ...