Index S2 records ghost weights on its own

Lately my Index S2 has been recording ghost weights on its own. The false weights records show up in my health stats on Garmin Connect, even though I haven't touched the scale in over a month.  The problem happens sporadically and seems to coincide with times when I use my Neo2T indoor smart trainer. There is nothing in my Neo2T manual about recording my weight, but perhaps it has a weigh scale function? 

Anyway, it's annoying and I have to manually delete the false weights from my health history.

How can I disable this function? Or if it's a bug, is there a fix?

• That is interesting! It looks like you've reached out to our support team via email regarding this as well. Have you tried the suggestions mentioned in the email? If this does not alleviate the disruption, please reply to this message with the following:

• Dates of the false weigh in's 
    • Permission to access your Connect account?
    • What country are you based in?
  • No I didn't send an email. What were the suggestions?

• I apologize for the confusion. My higher support team is wanting to know if you've made any User Settings changes in the Connect and/or Tacx app? 

• I use the Tacx app. No, I didn't change the settings in the app. Anyway, I think I figured out what's happening:

On the days I use my Index 2 to weigh myself, Garmin Connect adds a little icon to the calendar date. The icon is shaped like a scale, and has a weight value on it (e.g. 165.5). This allows me to track my weight over time and keep a record of the dates I weigh myself.

But now I realize that Connect also adds a scale icon with a weight value on the days that I use my Neo 2T. At first I thought my Index scale was generating ghost weights. But then I realized the dates with the scale icon were also the dates I used my Neo2T. 

When you mentioned the Tacx app settings, I decided to see what's there. Yes in fact there is a field for body weight. And the weight reported by the scale icon on the Connect calendar is the exact same value in the Tacx app settings. So now I believe that Connect is simply reporting the value I entered in the Tacx settings. 

So the software behaves the same whether (1)  I actually weigh myself using my Index 2 (where my weight might change from week to week) or (2) whenever I use my Neo2T (using my weight from the settings, which I don't update every time I use it).

IOW, when I ride my Neo2T, Connect adds the scale icon with my weight from settings, which makes it look like I weighed myself on that day, but actually, it's just using the value for my weight in the Tacx settings. 

Personally, I would prefer that Connect only adds the scale icon when I use my Index 2 scale. That makes more sense than retrieving whatever value happens to be in the Tacx settings and reporting it on my calendar as though it was my current weight.

• Thank you, we'd like to open an investigation ticket on this. Would you please provide the dates on which the false weigh in's occurred? Also,  do we have permission to access your Connect account? and what country do you reside in?

• See my previous post. If you still have questions let me know. I would just add that in addition to the calendar, Garmin Connect reports the weights in the Health & Performance section.

• Thank you for the very detailed response. I have opened a ticket for this report and will update you once I have more informtion.