Index S2 inaccurate body fat

Hello, 

I recently bought Index S2 smart scale (a week ago).

To my surprise the body fat % is very inaccurate. I received result of 5% and I guess I am around 18-20%. I understand the smart scale will never be super accurate but showing me 5% is like guessing the wind out of the closed window.

Is there any reason for that? Is there any update on how to fix this issue?

I am using the latest version I could find (3.3).

Please send me an answer also to my mail: [email protected]

Thank you for your feedback.

• Using the "Set Body Composition" feature in Garmin Connect Web, you can enter your best estimate of bodyfat. Once you've done that, future weigh-ins should be much more realistic.

• Open Garmin Connect Web
    • Click on the device icon in the upper left corner.
    • Click on Index S2

• Enter your body fat % in the appropriate field
    • Click Save Settings

If you would like to update the reference values for the body composition metrics measured by your Garmin Index S2 Smart Scale, you can do so using the Set Body Composition setting. We recommend only updating these values using recent measurements from a trusted source, such as a DXA scan or another reputable body composition measurement.

Once you enter new values for these body composition metrics and save your changes, these values will be used as reference points for estimating new metrics each time you weigh yourself with your Garmin Index S2 Smart Scale.

• I have a value by BIA, I have set the body fat but after taht, the value doesn't change with Garmin. It is costant! Seems not real. Any suggestion? Thank you!