This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

wrong weight measured

Hello,

Sorry for my english, I'm French.

I'm really dissapointed because since 2or 3 weeks the weight measured  is totally wrong.

instead of usual 74 kg it measure 14,4 kg now

I reset and update the firmware and still the same issue.

Does someone experienced the same issue ?

the scale is out of warranty ;(

Regards

Philippe

• How do you store your scale in between weigh-ins? If you store it vertically, the scale could be off by about 2 kg as mentioned here - Scale not accounting for it own weight?

However, what you're reporting is a massive difference. I'm wondering if your scale is set for the wrong measurement units, like stones.

• Thanks for your feedback, however I never store the scale vertically and it is in the correct unit  (kg). I tried to understand if it was a factor from kg to stone but the factor doesnt match. 74kg divided by 14,4 kg= 5,16 ans 1 stone= 6,35 kg. Wondeting if it not a problème with calibration or whatever, but i don't  found any support on this matter.  I tried to reset the software but not possible also. 

The problème occur suddenly ans the support just propose me to by à new one...

If Someone have an idea to repair it. Before buying a new one ( for sur not a garmin in the future) even all my devices are all garmin for bike and running.

• Even if out of warranty I still suggest contacting Garmin Product Support again to clarify your issue https://support.garmin.com

• OK I have *exactly* the same problem. I weight 69 kg and I get 13,5 kg. I've done also the reset thing, changed batteries etc.

I'm also french btw. And the scale is also out of warranty.

This is my second Garmin device having problems near warranty date. I'm reaching the support.

Victor

• After contacting the support, they just proposed me to buy a new one  at a reduced price 129€  while the price during the sale was 126€  at that time . Finally I bought a Withings scale . it works perfectly ( faster)  and for sure chipper !

• Thanks for your reply. I will post my feedback with the support team as well here. Let people know what they get of a 150€ Garmin scale.

• OK, they gave me a RMA for an exchange of the scale. I'm not sure they understood the warranty is over since 9 months but it feels I may get my scale replaced.

• Okay, they actually replaced the unit by a new one (reconditionned), even if the warranty was over for half a year. I hope it gets old better than the previous one.
    Thanks to Garmin support.