This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Index Scale v S2

So, 

i trust Garmin with data metrics, that’s their business focus when it comes to health and fitness. However, there needs to be some sort of clarity here. I have owned the v1 scales for years and this week upgraded to s2 assuming the creases have been ironed out. 

Which metric do I trust. The graph shows the massive spike from v1 to s2 when it comes to body fat. 

which is telling the truth? The old or the newly upgraded? When it comes to data, accuracy is key. Inaccuracy just creates doubt on the other metrics provided across the range?

I love my Garmin devices but this is disheartening. 

DC

• You can set the V2 body fat manually if you wish. 

• I appreciate your help but when you purchase a device that will data log a range of metrics reverting to entering data manually from an (accurate) source sort of defeats the purpose.  

I think when you have two devices that log very different results of the same metric it reflects badly and discredits what you then do well. That said, if Garmin can confirm the V1 scales were the inaccurate device and thus the upgrade... that's a different story. 

I simply seek clarity. 

DC