Body Fat percentage wildly inaccurate, firmware algorithm update needed?

For a company that specializes in fitness and health related metrics, the Index S2 scale is an embarrassment. This morning my scales gave me a body fat percentage reading of 23.1%. This is me post work out a few hours later. Now I don't know what my actual body fat percentage is, but a look online at examples makes me fairly confident that I'm below 23.1% body fat, I'd even suspect more than 5% below, and it's said that impedance measurement can be plus or minus 5 percent. So the scales seem to be even less accurate than what would be considered the worst case scenario. Given the price of the scales, and that this is the kind of thing Garmin specialize in, it's an embarrassment. Will anything be done about it? And beyond keeping the surface of the scales clean, is there anything that can be done to try to improve the accuracy?

It seems to me that the algorithm is putting too much weight on BMI when trying to calculate body fat percentage, and that's making the measurements a complete waste of time and money.