Is an Index S3 in the making?

Just wondering if there is a new smart scale expected anytime soon? I have the Withings body cardio and expecting my Epix soon. Can the Withings scale update Garmin via Apple Health and does Garmin take additional metrics above and beyond what the S2 Garmin scales can?

• Garmin does not publish their update plans. We would only know it on the day it is released. We could only guess or go by sites known for leaking rumors. Also, sometimes you can go by a trend to predict a new release, but there have only been 2 index scales. The Index released 10/27/2015, and the Index S2 released on 10/14/2020. 

• i'm assuming you're familiar with the internet, yeah? upcoming products leak all the time. we've known about the venu 3 for the past 3-4 months. come on man.

to the OP, it's pretty crazy to me that they haven't updated this yet. this is garmin we're talking about. they have no problem whatsoever releasing 30 variants of a product, yet not getting an update on something like a smart scale which was refreshed 3 years ago and itself was a VERY minor update to an 8 year old product is pretty wild. either garmin just isn't interested in this category (a mistake i think. there's a potentially big market for an ACCURATE smart scale) or they're taking their sweet time to hopefully get it right this time. 3rd time's the charm and all that

• i'm assuming you're familiar with the internet, yeah? upcoming products leak all the time. we've known about the venu 3 for the past 3-4 months. come on man.

Exactly why I said...

go by sites known for leaking rumors

As forum moderator, I'm just letting the OP know that on Garmin's forum, they will neither disclose upcoming releases, nor confirm rumors.

• well ces 2024 has come and gone and i would have bet money garmin would have announced the S3, but that didn't happen. i'm beginning to think this is a dead end category for them at this point, which is really sad since the data integration potential is huge as far as health tracking

• Interesting. Maybe Garmin could buy Withings.

• ces 2024 has come and gone and i would have bet money garmin would have announced the S3

If you look at Garmin release dates, which are the same as their product announcement dates, they rarely focus around CES for their Sports & Fitness device announcements. They release products throughout the year. The only 2 products announced this year were the HRM-Fit and the Lilly 2. 

In past CES events:

• 2023 - No hardware announcements
    • 2022 - Venu 2 Plus, vivomove Sport
    • 2021 - No hardware announcements
    • 2020 - No hardware announcements

As for the index, both the Index and Index S2 were released in October.

• yeah that's why i was expecting it this ces, because the other 2 products they did announce were both health related, geared towards women. an advanced smart scale would have nicely complimented a heart rate monitor and women's fitness watch, but what the *** do i know. anyway, we continue to wait...

• It would be nice if Garmin released a next generation smart scale, or at the very least give Withings access to Garmin's API

• I sure do hope that Index S3 is in the making, BUT I will buy it only if it will be as advanced or more than the Withings Body Scan (https://www.withings.com/si/en/body-scan). Index S2 is overpriced crap, that's inaccurate and doesn't even provide metrics from way cheaper scales.

Features I want from the S3:

• Module that needs to be held in hand while taking a measurement (provides more accurate body composition data and possibility of including ECG, nerve metrics,...)
    • Visceral body fat measurement
    • Nerve health detection
    • Accuracy needs to be worth for what it costs (without needing to take a DEXA scan as a benchmark, but would be nice if you have the data you can input it to improve accuracy further)
    • Muscle mass, body fat detection not only for overall body, but also by segments (torso, arms, legs) (yes this needs the in hands held sensor as mentioned in first line)

I should also mention to Garmin that the only reason I am staying with their Index S2 is, that I have all other metrics in Garmin Connect. Please release a competitive scale that can be compared to other sporting brands or price it properly, otherwise I might rethink if I want to stay in Garmin ecosystem, or should I move to somewhere else.