This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RE: Index S2 Smart Scale - Software Version 3.00 now Live!

I had two former S2 scales and returned both because they would not function on a hidden Wifi network.  Does this update V3.00 now support S2 scale functionality on a hidden Wifi network?

I've had a Withings scale for 7 years and it functions perfectly on my hidden network, but for some reason Garmin elected not to support hidden Wifi networks.  Hopefully v3.00 fixed this issue because I'd really like to replace my old Withings scale with an S2 since Withings doesn't sync with Garmin Connect.

• I linked my Withings scale to Garmin with this app. smartscalesync.com/  Works great. My S2 Smart Scale has been relegated to an expensive dust catcher. Even with this latest software update and setting the bodyfat % to my current DEXA scan results, the S2 measurements are unreliable.

• Thanks for the Tip.  I had investigated smartscalesync.com previously as an option.  Though I'm sure smartscalesync.com provides a quality service, I will not use their services for privacy and security reasons and secondarily because of the subscription costs.  Hopefully someone else will find this information useful.

• Still doesn’t work.  I spent 2 hours yesterday following the instructions and after four attempts and not being able to update the software to be able to connect to a non personal hotspot I threw the scale in the garbage.  I bought an Oxiline scale.